Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

I'm not seeing said sword at all.

M.
Right click, "show picture" on the red x worked for me... (looking forward to Windows 7 today)
Nathan, have you handled the original, if so how does it compare?

Beautiful sword!
Sam Salvati wrote:
Nathan, have you handled the original, if so how does it compare?

Beautiful sword!

No, unfortunately I haven't. I'm planning on hitting up London in the next 18 months, though. Maybe I could talk somebody into letting me examine a few pieces at the Wallace Collection! (one can wish... one can wish...)
Hi Nathan!

I've been meaning to post on this. Amazing. This piece has always fascinated me and seeing so stunning a replica is truly inspiring.

Now if I can just twist Craig's arm into making another one some day....;)

Congratulations on a fine acquisition!

Yours,

Christian
I took some more photos of swords this weekend and decided to put a few more together to further show scale.

Three sixteenth century longswords with complex hilts, top to bottom:

Arms & Armor Custom German Bastard Sword
Arms & Armor Custom Swiss Saber
E.B. Erickson South German Longsword

[ Linked Image ]

Click photo to see the full-sized version
I always like seeing numerous swords next to each other because it does give some valuable information about relative scale and in addition more to drool over per single pic. ;) :D :cool:
I know this is an old post, but I must say, that is one amazingly beautiful sword!!! All I know about swords has pretty much been learned on here, but if there was ever a weapon that screamed lethal beauty, that's it! A katana's got nothing on that baby.

I'm currently writing a book (another book- the one I was helped with on here is up to #5), and I've been looking for an appropriate sword as inspiration- and oh boy that is it!
Nathan Robinson wrote:
No, unfortunately I haven't. I'm planning on hitting up London in the next 18 months, though. Maybe I could talk somebody into letting me examine a few pieces at the Wallace Collection! (one can wish... one can wish...)

If you manage that mind if I join? :)
Julien M wrote:
Nathan Robinson wrote:

If you manage that mind if I join? :)

Hell yes.
Dang Man
You know when I start looking at your collection I realize I need to make more stuff for myself. If I did not luv yea so much I might even think of lifting one or two of your beauties off your hands :)

You really do have good taste!

Craig :)
Re: Dang Man
Craig Johnson wrote:
You know when I start looking at your collection I realize I need to make more stuff for myself. If I did not luv yea so much I might even think of lifting one or two of your beauties off your hands :)

You're in the will, my friend.

You do need to keep a few things for yourself as well.
I took this out last Friday and cut a few things up with it. It was a fun time. I figured I'd post a link to my collection gallery page should anyone want to check it out who hasn't already:

Click here:

[ Linked Image ]

This is one sword replica that I don't want many to miss. It's pretty spectacular.
Cool
So how does it cut? Was it tatami or other mediums? Did you try any push or pull type actions or was it cleaving? ENquiring minds want to know :)

Craig
Matching Scabbard...?
I realise that this a very old thread but I've only just discovered this absolutely georgeous sword :surprised: :D . Was there a matching scabbard made for this? What would a scabbard/suspension for this type of sword have looked like?
Re: Matching Scabbard...?
Benjamin Fan wrote:
I realise that this a very old thread but I've only just discovered this absolutely georgeous sword :surprised: :D . Was there a matching scabbard made for this? What would a scabbard/suspension for this type of sword have looked like?

I unfortunately never had a scabbard made for this sword. I should have. I imagine it would have looked like any other longsword scabbard from the period.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: