Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

I don't mind the brass on the Novarra since it isn't shiny, but accidentally removing the markings while trying to take off the laquer would not be cool to say the least. Personally I think the Novarra is nice enough to warrant a custom sword, but I have no money for such things.
J. Padgett wrote:
I don't mind the brass on the Novarra since it isn't shiny, but accidentally removing the markings while trying to take off the laquer would not be cool to say the least. Personally I think the Novarra is nice enough to warrant a custom sword, but I have no money for such things.

I don't care for the brass because as a hilt material it's too soft for a sword of this kind. Still, for the price point I think it's acceptable. It would be nice to see a custom quality rendering of this one. If I had a little extra money I'd buy this one just to check it out.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Basis for MRL's "Novara" sword

[ Linked Image ]
Click photo for full-sized version

Venice, circa 1570
Overall length: 58.25", Cross-guard width: 13.125"
Blade length: 45.25", Blade width: 2", Weight: 5.5 pounds

Copyright Armi Bianche Italiane, BOCCIA, Lionello G. ; COELHO, Eduardo T

I'm really tempted by this one. It's interesting to see MRL copying historical samples. A nice looking piece.
Thanks Nathan, great images!

BTW I just ordered the KoH Sword of the King and I look forward to do a hands-on rewiew of MRLs newer products.

Thomas
Thomas Laible wrote:
Thanks Nathan, great images!

BTW I just ordered the KoH Sword of the King and I look forward to do a hands-on rewiew of MRLs newer products.

Thomas

Cool. That sword is very similar to the famous one attributed to Edward III. I'll be interested to hear what you think. I recently bought the Schwert (which I believe is one of their more recent pieces, but I could be wrong), and was favorably impressed, but want to know if it was just an anomally. ;)
Chad Arnow wrote:
They've also brought back the "Historical Excalibur." Historical, my butt....

[ Linked Image ]

And one with a similar pommel to the DT Catalonian:

[ Linked Image ]

I've recently purchased something similar to add an older Windlass sword to my collection. I believe this sword may be the older Windlass "Catalonian" sword. I've disassembled it (Screw on pommel) and it appears to have a beefy tang forged out of the blade stock, not welded on.

http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=catalonian3tr2.jpg
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: