Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

I'll leave it to Martin to answer - but to me it looks like an Albion Talhoffer with an oxblood grip.
Ah, as a matter of fact it does.It was tough to see the tapering blade at that angle. Thanks for the catch.
All the same though, I'll give my low budget CAS its due credit all the same. Like I said, "it's no Albion," but the old thing's got spunk for a sub-$200.
Well I'll introduce myself here too ^^

I do reenact multiple periods, especially late 15th century and late 10th century. Also, at the moment I'm trying to get my kit together for a Migration period reenactment, based on the valsgärde finds.

Here are some photos of my 15th century interpretation .

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
nice gear laurent
where do you get your armor?
Tanks ^^

Well, the different parts come from different people and shops. so there is no overall-armourer who made it ^^ I was just buying piece after piece and wearing them together ;)
ah well:)
are you going to sterckshof?it's a great medieval camp here in belgium. unfortunatly i can't go (stupid exams)

today i made some wooden rondel daggers to use when sparring with my little sister, will put up pictures as soon as i make them=)
Well, I wanted to go to sterckshof (was it something about 7th June? )

But I think I can't because we are having parliamentary elections on Sunday, and we have to go there :(

Oh interesting :) Looking forward to see the pictures.

(Sorry for OT ) :eek:
Laurent Bemtgen wrote:
Well, I wanted to go to sterckshof (was it something about 7th June? )

But I think I can't because we are having parliamentary elections on Sunday, and we have to go there :(

Oh interesting :) Looking forward to see the pictures.

(Sorry for OT ) :eek:

You can go on saturday as well, the 6th. I also can't go on sunday because of the elections :)
Laurent, where did you get that sallet?

M.
Well, you might believe it or not, but I found that nice piece in a LARP-shop :D

2 mm forged steel. I couldn't believe to see it there. Unfortunately they couldn't tell me where they got it, they seem to have bought it on a market. But some time afterwards, I found someone with a same sallet. I could ask him where he got his from (just a little question: is it allowed to post links to armourmakers or to tell their name??)

Oh, just in case of, you mean the sallet in the first picture? Not the one in the second picture? Just to be sure.
Laurent Bemtgen wrote:
(just a little question: is it allowed to post links to armourmakers or to tell their name??)

People post links to armour makers and sword-makers all the time. :)
Chad Arnow wrote:

People post links to armour makers and sword-makers all the time. :)

Ok thx ^^ It was just to be sure ^^ :D :cool:
Here is my latest.

It´s a work in progress.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd166/Lord_Nelle/DSC01645.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd166/Lord_Nelle/DSC01677.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd166/Lord...1645-1.jpg

Armour by Armstreet, Sword by Albion, Poleaxe by S.P.Q.R.
Man, I am jealous of all the awesome kits here! I'm planning a 15th century soft kit, very basic foot soldier. It would probably consist of a gambeson, bevor, sallet or kettle hat, maybe some mail, mitten gauntlets, padded knees with steel, possibly some greaves, maybe some jack chains, shield, spear and possibly a falchion or other sword. Does that kit sound viable for the time period? I wasn't sure about a few things, but I think it'll work. If anyone has some suggestions, they would be quite helpful. I'm trying to go for an inexpensive kit, something I can wear that will be nice but won't break my bank. I'm still in high school, so money is really a factor when buying armour or swords.
Some of the newest pics of my late 13th or early 14th kit:

[ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ]
My Italian Militia Kit under development. Tried the haubergeon today and it still needs considerable modification. Gores were set unter the arms, but I have to get the armholes higher and closer toe the torso to not lift the maille when lifting my arms. I also plan to open the haubergeon on the back and tailor it more closely in the chest/waist area.

Attachment: 89.33 KB
HPIM1678.JPG

Everybody beautiful finished kit but I would like to post the start of what will be my late 16th Century kit. I was going to wait posting until I had all the padding and soft kit done but I am too slow in the sewing. : )

The Burgonet and Almain collar were done by François L'Archevêque http://flarcheveque.com/# He does beautiful work and and is very easy to work with.

The pieces are designed both for steel sparing and reenactment.

Mackenzie

Attachment: 43.07 KB
side.jpg

Attachment: 56.13 KB
side-buff.jpg

Attachment: 65.01 KB
frount-buff.jpg

Attachment: 52.19 KB
frount-buff-open.jpg

Attachment: 47.23 KB
frount.jpg

Felix R. wrote:
My Italian Militia Kit under development. Tried the haubergeon today and it still needs considerable modification. Gores were set unter the arms, but I have to get the armholes higher and closer toe the torso to not lift the maille when lifting my arms. I also plan to open the haubergeon on the back and tailor it more closely in the chest/waist area.

Nice kit Felix! Now you need about 30 more guys dressed the same way ;)
David E. Farrell wrote:
Felix R. wrote:

Ehem, well, but where to find them :(
Felix R. wrote:
David E. Farrell wrote:
Felix R. wrote:

Ehem, well, but where to find them :(

if you deliver the armour i'll deliver the people;)
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Page 19 of 100

Jump to: