Antiques & Collectibles
Our Reference Library:
The Paper Armoury:
Our Top Shelf
Scotland the Brave
Daily Life in Medieval Times
• This book is on 1 myArmoury member list
Other editions available: Hardcover, Hardcover, Unknown Binding
18 third-party copies available from: $1.79
Other items of interest:
• The Middle Ages: Everyday Life in Medieval Europe
• The Time Traveler's Guide to Medieval England: A Handbook for Visitors to the Fourteenth Century
• Marriage and the Family in the Middle Ages
• Old World Encounters: Cross-Cultural Contacts and Exchanges in Pre-Modern Times
• The Silk Road Journey With Xuanzang
Daily Life in Medieval Times is a fully-illustrated edition of the classic and popular books of history and anthropology by Frances and Joseph Gies - Life in a Medieval Castle, Life in a Medieval City and Life in a Medieval Village.
This book takes readers into the fascinating world of medieval life through historic pictures, period illustrations and detailed text that describes everything from castle-storming techniques to villagers' hair styles.
Three real medieval places - a castle in Chepstow on the Welsh border, the city of Troyes in the country of Champagne and the village of Elton in the English East Midlands - are the jumping - off point for this thorough exploration of 13th and 14th century life in Europe.
The authors use recent archeloogical discoveries and historic and contemporary documents in conjunction with diagrams and dramatic photographs to give readers a full understanding of what it was truly like to live 700 years ago.
Recording label: Grange Books Plc
Grange Books Plc
Manufacturer: Grange Books Plc
Number of items: 1
Number of pages: 398
Publication date: 2005-07-31