Daggers- ballock, rondel, eared, etc as requested
Starting to post pics from my trip. As requested, daggers of all shapes and sizes. Many are not "tagged" yet with the info but we took shots of the infocards whenever possible and will be updating as we can. If you need info on a particular one, just let me know and i'll see what i can find.

[ Linked Image ]
Cinquedeas from the Musee de l' Armee in Paris. Unless otherwise stated, these are all from there.

[ Linked Image ]

Got ballocks? :lol:

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Eared daggers, as requested. Odd design...makes you wonder what they were thinking.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Sorry those ones are a bit fuzzy, between the glass and autofocus it was a hard shot to get.
Some more general overview shots.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Ballocks and Rondel daggers from RA Leeds. Lighting and glass in Leeds were incredibly bad for photography, my apologies for the shot quality.

[ Linked Image ]

Two more ballocks daggers from there.

[ Linked Image ]
Thanks! I especially appreciate the shot of the Cinqueda with the scabbard! The sheer variety of just the stuff we still have is amazing...
Great stuff!

It's good to see pics of daggers I haven't seen before. There are some very interesting pieces there. Thanks for the eared dagger photos. Much appreciated.

Darren.
Love them cinquedeas! And, like Triton, I am especially taken by the one with its scabbard.! :D
Thanks for the pictures mister Fulton. Those cinquedeas are gorgeous ! :)
I always thought the grip on the cinqs were too short for the size of the blade. Either they had an odd way of gripping them, or a tiny hand.
B. Fulton wrote:
I always thought the grip on the cinqs were too short for the size of the blade. Either they had an odd way of gripping them, or a tiny hand.

Maybe the pommel siting in the palm of the hand ?

Also all those cinquedeas look very similar in the first pic: Same maker or was there some sort of standard aesthetics for these ?

The tang looks thin and weak but this may only be because the blade is so wide in contrast ?
Most cinqs I've seen appear very similar, not sure if these were all made by the same people.

Looking closer, I think if the wider part of the grip went between the index and middle fingers, the grip would "work". It just looks odd. :)
Nice! That'll give some collectors here ideas for some custom knives.

Thanks again for going to all this trouble!
Daggers: Cinquedea, ballock, eared, etc.
Oh, drool! What a display of fine cinquedeas, ballocks and ear daggers! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D
Re: Daggers: Cinquedea, ballock, eared, etc.
Christopher Gregg wrote:
Oh, drool! What a display of fine cinquedeas, ballocks and ear daggers! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D
DITTO !!!!!!!!!!!

Jack Englund
[ Linked Image ]

Extra cinquedea shot I found hiding amongst a bunch of sword shots.
Look at all of those gorgeous fullers! I am now on full-blown lust.

Damned typos! That's what happens when lust runs wild. :D

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: