Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Behold this haughty hottie - Kate Beckinsale from Van Helsing

Attachment: 51.63 KB
beckinsale.jpg
Kate Beckinsale
What, no Princess Bride pics? For shame! :p

Jeroen Zuiderwijk wrote:
Kristanna Loken, by far the most beautiful woman to have ever wielded a sword :)

Interesting look, where's it from?

Eric Myers wrote:
Madmartagan is still one of my favorites, though this isn't the best shot.

You speak the truth. Madmartigan was made out of awesome and win.
Anders Backlund wrote:
What, no Princess Bride pics? For shame! :p

Jeroen Zuiderwijk wrote:
Kristanna Loken, by far the most beautiful woman to have ever wielded a sword :)

Interesting look, where's it from?

The TV movie "Ring of the Nibelungs". The movie isn't all that great, except for Kristanna, she's absolutely amazing!
Lets not forget the worst movie of 2004
Keira Knightley with a little photoshop help...
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
still kind of a cutie...
Jeroen Zuiderwijk wrote:
...The TV movie "Ring of the Nibelungs". The movie isn't all that great, except for Kristanna, she's absolutely amazing!

"Ring of the Nibelungs" was quite a bit less than great.

Here is Gerard Butler as Beowulf. IMO, Beowulf and Grendel was also not the greatest film (but way better than Ring of the Nibelungs). However, the Icelandic scenery is spectacular!

Attachment: 27.12 KB
Beowulfsm.jpg

George Davidson wrote:
I always hated the music for that movie. The film itself is great but the cheesy 80's synth music just grates on my nerves. Some atmospheric music like Name of the Rose would have made it dark and infinitely creepy.

Well, yeah... but then, this was the '80s. :)

Quote:
Also the ending was all wrong. Navarre walked in, killed the 'good' bishop without the curse being shown to the witnesses. How long was he going to live after that.He murdered a good man of the church!

"An evil man and powerful man, hated and feared, rejected even by Rome herself," actually... and unpopular enough to fear that one escaped little pick-pocket would spark a rebellion, at that.

PS. And he died while trying to stab a woman in the back, in plain view of everyone present. Seems kinda damning, you know. :)

Last edited by Mikko Kuusirati on Thu 03 Jan, 2008 2:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Steve Grisetti wrote:
Jeroen Zuiderwijk wrote:
...The TV movie "Ring of the Nibelungs". The movie isn't all that great, except for Kristanna, she's absolutely amazing!

"Ring of the Nibelungs" was quite a bit less than great.

Here is Gerard Butler as Beowulf. IMO, Beowulf and Grendel was also not the greatest film (but way better than Ring of the Nibelungs). However, the Icelandic scenery is spectacular!

I thought it was a great film honestly.

But, all it needed was a "Geats, prepare for glory!"
hmmmm cant find a pic of sheena easton from highlander
Hmmm... Why only Christopher Lambert. I liked him way better... ;)

[ Linked Image ]

Clancy Brown just rocked as the Kurgan. Even after I found out that his swordplay wasn't that great. He's just such a cool movie villain... :)

Edited for an afterfthought: This is a great thread. It reminds me of movies almost forgotten. I really feel the urge to see Willow an Ladyhawke again. Thanks. :)
Russell Crowe, Seems convincing!

Attachment: 34.37 KB
russell_crowe_djimon_hounsou_gladiator_001.jpg

Re: Celebrities With Swords
Liam Neeson as Godfrey of Ibelin in Kingdom of Heaven.

Attachment: 135.87 KB
Liam Neeson.jpg

Last edited by Shahril Dzulkifli on Tue 08 Jan, 2008 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Oldy but goody
Michael York (second from left), Oliver Reed, Richard Chamberlain and Frank Finlay in The Three Musketeers

Attachment: 38.17 KB
sjff_03_img1411.jpg

Lets not forget hollywoods favorite creepy actor...
[ Linked Image ]
How about the many sworded antonio banderas...

Zoro
[ Linked Image ]

Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan Ibn Al Abbas Ibn Rashid Ibn Hamad - 13th Warrior
[ Linked Image ]

Puss in ze Boots - Shrek 2
[ Linked Image ]

I really enjoyed 13th Warrior. If it wasn't for the dodgy armour worn by the warriors it would be a classic. The other discrepancies I'm willing to put up with.
Celebrities With Swords
[ Linked Image ]
British band Franz Ferdinand. Hey, there's Alex Kapranos (with sword).
George Davidson wrote:
I really enjoyed 13th Warrior. If it wasn't for the dodgy armour worn by the warriors it would be a classic. The other discrepancies I'm willing to put up with.

Hell, it's a classic despite that (and the sword grinding, that hurt). "Lo, there do I see my father..."
Re: Celebrities With Swords
Shahril Dzulkifli wrote:
[ Linked Image ]
British band Franz Ferdinand. Hey, there's Alex Kapranos (with sword).

Great photo! It looks like a British classic--the 1796 Light Cavalry Sword!
Nigel Terry in Boorman's Excalibur as Arthur.
[ Linked Image ]
Who also played Sir Thomas Grey in the short-lived TV series Covington Cross.
[ Linked Image ]
Wherein he again played opposite Cherie Lunghi (Guenevere, Lady Elizabeth), who also appeared in The Mission starring Robert De Niro.
[ Linked Image ]
In which also was cast Jeremy Irons, who has had numerous recent appearances with a sword, including The Man in the Iron Mask (1998), Dungeons and Dragons (2000), Kingdom of Heaven (2005) and Eragon (2006).
[ Linked Image ]
Which also starred John Malkovich, who played the Dauphin in the astoundingly poor production of The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc (1999) starring Milla Jovovich.
[ Linked Image ]
We could go on and on...
Luciano Pavarotti!
[ Linked Image ]
Don't forget this one.

Graham Chapman as King Arthur, and John Cleese as the Black Knight, in that classic, Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

" 'Tis but a scratch!"
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Page 2 of 34

Jump to: