New Vince Evans Sword
If you haven't already seen it, please go to Vince Evans' Picture Trail, and look at the celtic sword under New Projects. Composite pattern welded blade, fossil walrus ivory hilt and antiqued bronze fittings. GORGEOUS!! For some reason, I can't link to a picture, but it is worth your effort to go there, I promise.
(ps-thanks to Nathan for posting the picture, on what seems to be a very technically challenged day for me :lol: )

Attachment: 44.79 KB
297773265.jpg

Last edited by Steve Grisetti on Fri 11 Jan, 2008 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
What a surprise....excellence.
Zoing! Normally I'm not that attracted by La Tene swords, but this one gorgeous! Is this a reproduction of one specific find, or a more free interpretation?
Jeroen Zuiderwijk wrote:
... Is this a reproduction of one specific find, or a more free interpretation?

I can't say, for certain, in this specific case. However, Vince makes the following general statement on his Picture Trail site:
Quote:
... I do not try to make exact reproductions, but instead, re-create pieces within historical guidelines while maintaining my own identity as a craftsman in the 21st century....
Steve Grisetti wrote:
Jeroen Zuiderwijk wrote:
... Is this a reproduction of one specific find, or a more free interpretation?

I can't say, for certain, in this specific case. However, Vince makes the following general statement on his Picture Trail site:
Quote:
... I do not try to make exact reproductions, but instead, re-create pieces within historical guidelines while maintaining my own identity as a craftsman in the 21st century....

That is a gorgeous piece. :cool:
We see a lot of gorgeous swords by a lot of very talented craftsmen but none are better than Vince Evans.
I sure second what Chris Lampe had to say! I always look forward to seeing Vince Evan's work posted in here. He is another swordsmith with no limit to his talent!

Bob
What a delightful blade. I love the ivory! :p

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: