Sword of Emperor Sigismund
Anyone know of some detailed photos and discussion of this sword now the Civic Sword of the City of York, particularly the work on the blade and any similar type decoration of this period or earlier?
http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsites/1220...?cat=cat82
I have some pretty nice images on my other computer that I got from a website that had a whole bunch of stuff on Sigismund. However that computer is not currently functional and I lost the link with my old hard drive.
-Wilhelm
The blade has blue and gilt decoration that was in vogue during the late 18th and early 19th centuries in Britain. I would guess that it was added during this period. I am not sure of the specifics of how the blue was applied, but I know that it was a toxic process. There is some discussion of the process here on SFI.

Jonathan
Hi, yes some people like toxic substances, but you do not need them to blue steel, I did a helmet that ended up on a TV advert here in the UK which was a beautiful all over blue.
They did blue and guild at this period, but it could have been done later, you must have seen blue and guilt medieval armour?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: