Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Allen Andrews wrote:
My initial donation was due to the desire to see this sight continue. The work Nathan and others (lots of you!) have done here is a treasure to me. That being said, I think the contest is a good idea, and I may very well contribute again out of sheer greed :)

Yes, frequent donator swordmiles points. ;) I might donate in small increments again to push the numbers over to nice round numbers occasionally. :D And a little greed and sense of competition helping. :lol:
Only another 684 dollars to go. That means there are only 68 chances left to purchase. Get them while they are hot!
Russ Ellis wrote:
Only another 684 dollars to go. That means there are only 68 chances left to purchase. Get them while they are hot!

There is no reason why we should stop at the objective. ;) I'm sure any extra would just give Nathan a little extra room for upgrades or just take some pressure off for next year's expenses i.e. a little cash reserves for unexpected expenses.
Alright, we are only 120 dollars out from the goal right now. Let's finish this off...
Only $110 left to go! Let's reach that goal before the weekend.
And now we're $10 over the goal! Great job and congratulations everyone!

Jonathan
Now 50 dollars over the goal. Well done gentlemen/ladies. Also a special thanks to Jean for reviving this thread for service in this year's drive.
Jonathan Hopkins wrote:
Hey gang,
Nine months ago at this time we pulled through at the last minute to raise funds to help Nathan keep myArmoury going. It was exhilarating to watch the donation total grow every hour, and to see the goal surpassed. Although we came through, Nathan still sold a sword so that he could contribute towards the site. I just thought I would revive this thread to remind people that now is a good time to start to think about contributing financially to myArmoury (and make sure Nathan only sells when he wants to!) We've got time (I think), I just wanted to plant that seed in our collective heads.

Best,
Jonathan

Actually Jonathan Hopkins should get credit for starting things this year. :D :cool:

Sure, I did my bit to keep it moving but I don't want credit for what I didn't do and a big thanks to Jonathan for waking us up early this year. :cool:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Jonathan Hopkins wrote:
Hey gang,
Nine months ago at this time we pulled through at the last minute to raise funds to help Nathan keep myArmoury going. It was exhilarating to watch the donation total grow every hour, and to see the goal surpassed. Although we came through, Nathan still sold a sword so that he could contribute towards the site. I just thought I would revive this thread to remind people that now is a good time to start to think about contributing financially to myArmoury (and make sure Nathan only sells when he wants to!) We've got time (I think), I just wanted to plant that seed in our collective heads.

Best,
Jonathan

Actually Jonathan Hopkins should get credit for starting things this year. :D :cool:

Sure, I did my bit to keep it moving but I don't want credit for what I didn't do and a big thanks to Jonathan for waking us up early this year. :cool:

Aw, thanks. Thanks to Jean, Russ, and everyone else who kept bumping the thread to keep it visible, and to Nathan and the myArmoury team for their hard work on this unrivalled site (and the contest is nice, too!). I am thrilled that we made the goal in less than four weeks and I hope the momentum can be sustained through the close of the contest!

Jonathan
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Jonathan Hopkins wrote:
Hey gang,

Best,
Jonathan

Whoops! Sorry Jonathan, no slight intended! Thanks guy, and thanks to the community in general for stepping up and taking care of this. Gratitude to Nathan and crew goes without saying. :)
There. I just ticked it over the $3500 mark. :)
Ed Toton wrote:
There. I just ticked it over the $3500 mark. :)

And Bumped up the alternate Topic thread. ;) :D

Thanks. :cool:

( Oh, that was a pretty substantial TICK ! )
Where do I mail my check? I love myArmoury, and probably spend more time reading articles here than actually using my swords. I am happy to contribute, do I make a chack out to Nathan, and where do I mail it?

(Are these obvious points, that I have somehow overlooked?)
Hi Tony,
The site currently accepts PayPal donations via this page:
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/lwdonate.php
Cheers,
-GLL
Tony Brass wrote:
Where do I mail my check? I love myArmoury, and probably spend more time reading articles here than actually using my swords. I am happy to contribute, do I make a chack out to Nathan, and where do I mail it?

(Are these obvious points, that I have somehow overlooked?)

Paypal is more convienint for Nathan as it keeps all the accounting clear and simple for him but I guess if you can only pay by check he will take that also. :D

I think Nathan replied to a similar question in one of the early posts on this Topic thread or the alternate one dealing with the same subject from last years fund drive. FYI :D :cool:

If you can't find the information in that previous post just P.M. Nathan to ask about alternate ways of sending in your contribution.
[quote="Jean Thibodeau"]
Ed Toton wrote:
( Oh, that was a pretty substantial TICK ! )

What can I say... The contest motivated me. :)
It is that time of the year! I just wanted to give this thread a bump to remind everyone to set aside some money for a donation next month (or this month). Last year we had a tremendous response from members, and hopefully we can duplicate or exceed last year’s results.

Jonathan
It's never too early. Or often. ;)
One down,
-GLL
I got my donation in. :)
Well made my first donation to keep this ball rolling along and might/probably make small and repeated contribution to keep the amount donated rounded out to nice multiples of hundreds of dollars i.e. when we hit something like $990 and are stuck there for a while I will probably just " goose " the amount again and " bump " the Topic back to the top.

Maybe some people will want to beat me to it. :p :p :p In that case I will have to wait for the next time the amount is close to a round number. ;) :lol: ( Call it appealing to the competitive nature of participants: Maybe Nathan can have a competition this year for the five biggest amounts donated in total and one for the most number of repeat contributions ? ( Well, with a minimal amount of $10 so that people don't start donating in pennies. ;) :lol: ).

Part of the reasons we got a lot of donations last year is, I think, that this has to be a bit of fun in addition to supporting the site.

Finally, repeating what I must have said a few times in previous years: If you read these Forums and like all the featured articles that are part of this site, and visit here often, it's in your best interest to help keep it going.

Also, big donations from " The usual Suspects " is a really appreciated boost to the amount raised but numerous small donations add up also and the more people contribute help to show some appreciation for all the work done " FOR FREE " or at a deficit by Nathan ( Costs him money and time he could be using making money, elsewhere, to run this site and keep it going: I'm sure it's something he is doing because he really want to do it, but that doesn't mean it isn't a burden at times ).

So a thousand people giving $10 is actually better than a hundred people each giving $100 because it means that a lot more people are expressing their appreciation: The money may be the same but I'm sure that more people contributing is a morale boost for Nathan and the rest of the moderation/features team who contribute a lot of there time for free.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Page 5 of 7

Jump to: