Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Brian,

This is very nice to see you doing this work with scabbards. Canīt wait to see how the one for the Knight will turn out. Keep this good work up. It was fine to begin with, but I think you are progressing with every new scabbard you do.
Scabbards can be explored for a long time: there is so much to do. It is a craft and an art from all by its own.

It is a good feeling seeing those Albionīs get such nice homes. :)
The other swords as well of course, but I do have a soft spot for my own "kids". Itīs all rather emotional, but I think you understand.

Keep going!
M. Eversberg II wrote:
How do you hollow out the inside of the slats for the scabbards core? Always wondered how one got a precise depth -- do you use some sort of laser scanner and wood lathe/planer thing?

M.

It's a bit of a trade secret. So unfortunately, I can't really dicuss how the wooden scabbards are made.
Peter Johnsson wrote:
Brian,

This is very nice to see you doing this work with scabbards. Canīt wait to see how the one for the Knight will turn out. Keep this good work up. It was fine to begin with, but I think you are progressing with every new scabbard you do.
Scabbards can be explored for a long time: there is so much to do. It is a craft and an art from all by its own.

It is a good feeling seeing those Albionīs get such nice homes. :)
The other swords as well of course, but I do have a soft spot for my own "kids". Itīs all rather emotional, but I think you understand.

Keep going!

Hi Peter,

I'm extremely flattered by your compliments. Thank you very much. You really made my weekend.

Brian
Leather fitting & tooling in progress. What's to come: Outlining the scabbard leather with a score line & tooling in a Jerusalem cross below the rain guard.
[ Linked Image ]
Update on some tooling I thought everyone would like to see the evolution of compared to the last pic.
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Your work is outstanding. It is extremely beneficial to the community to add someone like you to our list of service providers.
As my previous comment remained unanswered... Brian, could you please post a photo of the other side of the scabbard?
Aleksei Sosnovski wrote:
As my previous comment remained unanswered... Brian, could you please post a photo of the other side of the scabbard?

Upon completion of this scabbard the plan is to do just that.

Edit: Here is a thread from Mike Harris with one of my scabbards displaying the scabbard from several angles.

http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...highlight=
Updated 9-17-08

Jerusalem cross tooled in. Scabbard framed in with score lines. Next up, dying the scabbard leather and hand stitching the back to secure the leather to the wooden core. Waiting for metal buckle & tip set completion before finishing the belt.

[ Linked Image ]
Scabbard leather completed. Belt still in progress.
[ Linked Image ]
Brian,
That looks really good!
From the dye job to the embossing on the cross, its first class!
There's no telling what you will be able to do when you actually put some effort into it... ;)
Sam
Who made your chape?

M.
Sam Haverkamp wrote:
Brian,
That looks really good!
From the dye job to the embossing on the cross, its first class!
There's no telling what you will be able to do when you actually put some effort into it... ;)
Sam

Thanks Sam. I love working with leather :D

M. Eversberg II wrote:
Who made your chape?

M.

Some of them I make, others I get from various vendors. All of them are crafted / altered by me to conform to the design of the scabbard.
Albion Knight finished.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Scary beautiful work. :D :cool:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Scary beautiful work. :D :cool:

Thank you, Jean. It is truly a labor of love for me.
C'est magnifique! That is some incredibaly well done tooling (I hope that is what you call it...). I think that this one looks even better than the previous one.
Can't wait to see what you do with mine!
Brian K. wrote:
Albion Knight finished.

I want one of those!
Beautiful work, Brian. (as usual :D )

I have seen several of these and I can attest that the actual pieces look at least as good as they do in the photos. Brian is a real artist at this. And every piece seems to be better than the last... :cool:
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Page 3 of 5

Jump to: