Go to page Previous  1, 2

I'd still love to see some pics of these projects, as well as any ideas as to how to best strip the original paint and blue the axe heads.
Great work.

I agree you should get a reference fee.

I just ordered one as well :o)

Regards

klaus
I just finished mine. I've got a couple of other projects I'm working on so I haven't got around to taking pictures. I'll post the axe project soon; along with the low down on how I did it.

-JM
Christian Callender wrote:
I'd still love to see some pics of these projects, as well as any ideas as to how to best strip the original paint and blue the axe heads.

Use some good paint stripper, clean the metal, then cold blue it. The paint stripper can be found in a hardware or paint store and the cold blueing I used is made by Birchwood Casey in a kit I got from Brownell's. Just follow the directions on the paint stripper can and the instructions from Birchwood Casey and the metal should take on a good tone. I let the blueing stay on the metal for about 90 seconds and it worked better for me. Just be sure to follow the instructions and precautions printed on the containers and be safe with these chemicals.
I told a friend of mine about my project, and he was so excited he ordered one himself. We talked about how to strip the paint and he mentioned that he has a sand-blaster. We're going to try it out, and I'll let you guys know how it works.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: