Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Thank You :)
Hey, last day of the sale :!:
Better get your order in.

I just ordered my very first Albion, a Crecy ( with a purple grip :D )
Albions sale
I finally ordered a Steward ! It took the whole week to decide... (I flipped and flopped from one model to the next, then went with something totally different in the end - hah.) :confused:
Temptation resisted.
Money flux is maddening. I found some demonstration Euros left over from a trip just before the transition and as I
recall I payed $.80 per. That same trip delightful Black Forest bier Tannezaepfle cost the equivalent of $ .50 a half
liter in Deutschmarks. Cut to a trip in '07 and that same Tannenzaepfle cost the equivalent of $2.00 in Euros. It would
be swell if we could get price protection from pointless currency mood swings. So, are my .80 Euros worth more than
the ones I paid $1.30 for? :lol:

Doug
Re: Albions sale
Travis C. wrote:
I finally ordered a Steward ! It took the whole week to decide... (I flipped and flopped from one model to the next, then went with something totally different in the end - hah.) :confused:

Heh... I flip flopped between two different models... and in the end bought both. I'm so weak. ;)
I would have jumped on it but our Canadian dollar dived to just under 80 cents so I said forget it.

Its too bad I've been wanting one of their swords since I stumbled on their website back when I was in highschool in 1999. Was saying 'once I'm done university I'll buy one" but now that the prices have increased so much I just can't bring myself to do it.

Just have to keep looking at pictures on myArmoury.com I guess. :(
Bryson Cadle that's what I kept telling myself looking at the agincourt that I'd never get a chance to hold it but my friend we only go around this world but once and I had a payment plan with them and now the agincourt is one of my most prized possessions. :lol: gotta splurg once in awhile!
That's crazy the Agincourt was the one I was leaning so close to getting. That's what I try and tell myself that "ah you only live once". I'll just have to wait and see, maybe next year, maybe our dollar will come back to par again...
Bryson Cadle wrote:
That's crazy the Agincourt was the one I was leaning so close to getting. That's what I try and tell myself that "ah you only live once". I'll just have to wait and see, maybe next year, maybe our dollar will come back to par again...

If you didn't get one on the sale I wouldn't worry too much. You can find them second hand every once and a while. For instance the very Agincourt from the review section now hangs on my wall. heh heh heh
I'm in Vancouver this week, so I did the opposite, I bought a suit here to take advantage of the weak canadian dollar and got 20% off a suit ;) (80 cents on the dollar).
Bryson Cadle wrote:
I would have jumped on it but our Canadian dollar dived to just under 80 cents so I said forget it.

Its too bad I've been wanting one of their swords since I stumbled on their website back when I was in highschool in 1999. Was saying 'once I'm done university I'll buy one" but now that the prices have increased so much I just can't bring myself to do it.

Just have to keep looking at pictures on myArmoury.com I guess. :(

Well, you see, I went the other route. I ordered the Agincourt and the Poitiers, and to hell with the Canadian dollar. I lost 20% on the dollar, but saved 25% on the sale, so I'm still ahead 5%! :) If the dollar's gonna take a nosedive until who knows when, better I get in now rather than pay full pop + exchange.

I share in Bill's weakness...

Best,
Jason G. Smith wrote:

Well, you see, I went the other route. I ordered the Agincourt and the Poitiers, and to hell with the Canadian dollar. I lost 20% on the dollar, but saved 25% on the sale, so I'm still ahead 5%! :) If the dollar's gonna take a nosedive until who knows when, better I get in now rather than pay full pop + exchange.

I haven't handled the Agincourt, but I have handled the Poitiers-- I believe it is, without a doubt, the fastest and most agile of Albion's entire NG lineup.

You'll love it!
Jeremiah Swanger wrote:

I haven't handled the Agincourt, but I have handled the Poitiers-- I believe it is, without a doubt, the fastest and most agile of Albion's entire NG lineup.

You'll love it!

Sweet! Thanks for the info, but you just made the wait interminably longer... ;)

Best,
Re: Albions sale
Travis C. wrote:

I was juggling various models in my mind for about a week- Oakeshott, Knight, Burgundian, Machiavelli, Steward, Talhoffer, Crecy, and Markgraf. I ended up ordering the Oakeshott.
It was a tough call for me between the Sovereign, Prince, Knight, and Oakshott; but I ended up going with the Sovereign. :D
I resisted the temptation. I struggled with the decision about whether to order a Reeve and I actually had my two e-mails typed out and ready to send but after a couple hours deliberation I deleted them. The next day I called Albion near closing time but got an answering machine. I'm still not sure if I was relieved or disappointed. :?:
well i caved and went with the Allectus. hopefully it wont take the whole 12 weeks...
I ordered a Tritonia (to my brother in law who lives in USA, I will get it when we visit him next year).
Hope this works out!

Stephan
I haven't heard anyone else mention these, so I thought I'd be the first.

My new Reeve arrived via UPS today. It's a beauty, as expected. What's not expected is the 16 days from placing the order until it arrived on my doorstep. All I can say is WOOHOO! *giggling like a school girl* Thanks Howard and Mike.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Page 5 of 5

Jump to: