Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A November News and Highlight Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 12 Nov, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: A&A November News and Highlight         Reply with quote

A&A November News and Highlight Item

Happy November to all! It was snowing here this morning, hopefully you are some place a bit warmer. Our news for November is introducing an upgarde to one of our swords. We have taken the #082 Schloss Erbach Sword and redone the hilt componenets from scratch. The original craftsmanship and detail are replicated as closely as we can. The assymetries of the knurled pommel and writhened guard now match the original exceptionaly well. The grip shape itself has also been modified to mirror the orignal sword. Details and more pictures are available on the News Page or the Schloss Erbach Page itself.

This brings us to the Highlight Item for November which is a limited supply of the older version of the Erbach Sword.

The details are on our News Page with the special price. A great stocking stuffer if I have ever heard of one Happy

The last thing I wanted to mention is we have decided to keep the Muster Page up for a while and this will be a spot for one of items and good deals on limited specials. It will not be a premanent part of the site but will definitely be a reacurring spot and something to watch for.

Jason Elrod

Reading list: 38 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 12 Nov, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Now I don't know what to do. Buy the older version at the Highlighted price, which I know that I love, or save up and buy the upgraded version.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 12 Nov, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Craig,

Just as an aside is there any way that we could see the new fittings and the old side by side? It would be very interesting to see the differences...

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Mornin Jason         Reply with quote

Jason Elrod wrote:
Now I don't know what to do. Buy the older version at the Highlighted price, which I know that I love, or save up and buy the upgraded version.

Well I can give the advise I do at fair often, if you pick both it makes the choice easier Happy Someday somebody may actually do it Happy Sorry to add a dilemma to your life Jason, keep well.

Craig
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: HI Russ         Reply with quote

Here you go Russ,

Some details to notice. The pommel is reshaped and the form of the original is duplicated in all its hand fashioned glory. The guard has been redone to get the twist on the arms correct and to detail the ends as they are on the original. The block and blade seat have been slightly adjusted as well to match more closely. The grip has a wider waist and slightly different taper and has double rings under the leather at the base and the mid point.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Best My Friends
Craig
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've handled the original Schloss Erbach antique, and let me say, the A&A reproduction is remarkably spot-on. Handling the original gave me a whole new respect for the reproduction.
HistoricalHandcrafts.com
-Inspired by History, Crafted by Hand

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A November News and Highlight
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic