Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Contest: Thanks for Giving and Happy New YearContest
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 23 Nov, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Contest: Thanks for Giving and Happy New Year         Reply with quote

Thanks for Giving and Happy New Year!

This contest comes at you during the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday season and so we at myArmoury.com are having our Thanks-for-Giving Harvest to lead us into the 2009 New Year!

Last July there was a member-initiated donation drive that really helped this site's efforts and so here comes a contest that is aimed right at all of you that are able to put your hard-earned cash into the pot.

For those of you who have been in the giving spirit, we have two fantastic prizes:

Click image for full-sized photograph

One prize is brand-new sword purchased for this contest. It's made by Windlass Steelcrafts and is called the "Type IV" sword, though it's really an Oakeshott Type XIV sword. This is an absolutely fantastic sword for its price point and, in my opinion, offers value well beyond its asking price of around $200 US. We just published a hands-on review by Joe Fults for this sword.

The next prize is a brand-new Albion Next Generation Yeoman sword. This one also sports an Oakeshott Type XIV blade and is discussed in detail in our new hands-on review by Felix Reich. This superb sword has a value of $800 US!! One hell of a prize, right?

The best part is that both of these swords were secured as prizes through the spirit of giving! The Windlass sword was purchased from proceeds earned through our donation drive and the Yeoman sword was generously purchased by an anonymous member and donated as a giveaway for all you guys!

HOW TO ENTER:
  1. Ensure you're a registered member of myArmoury.com

2. Those members who have donated $10 US or more to our donation drives since July 1, 2008 are already eligible for this drawing. If you've already donated or you donate before the contest closes, you'll be entered.

3. Any members who have Purchased a Membership Plan or is a member of our Benefactors Group between July 1, 2008 and the close of the contest will also be automatically entered.

That's it! You're done!

Please note that if you've already given something to the site since the July donation drive, you're already entered into this contest. While I certainly welcome additional contributions, and no doubt can put to use anything I can get, they are not necessary for you to be a part of this contest. For those of you who have already given, I say "thanks to you and good luck winning these great prizes!"

Now just like previous contests:

When the contest closes, the names of all the participants will be thrown into a hat. Every $10 contributed as part of a donation or as the cost of a membership plan will earn that participant a separate chance to win. This means that members who donate $10 to the site will have one (1) chance to win. Members who donate $50 to the site will have five (5) chances to win. Members who donate $100 to the site will have ten (10) chances to win... and so on. The more donated, the better the odds of winning the prize!

Entries must be made prior to contest close on Monday Jan 5, 2009 at 10:00am PST. All participants will be entered into a drawing and the winning name will be randomly selected later that same day.

Domestic shipping charges are included with the winning prize, but international winners will be required to pay for shipping.

Thanks goes out to everybody who has given to this site. Good luck to everyone!!

First Prize: Albion Armorers Yeoman Sword

Second Prize: Windlass Steelcrafts "Type IV" Sword

Contest-specific rules and limitations:

1. You must be a registered member of myArmoury.com. Donations must be made while logged-in
  2. myArmoury.com moderators and Team Members are eligible to win since they have been amongst the most generous with their donations
  3. Shipping charges are included for winners located in the continental US
  4. Entries are based on the amount of contributed money, either through donations or through the purchase of membership plans, and represent the number of chances to win
  5. Should the winning entrant choose not to accept the prize, another winner will be selected
  6. Those who have donated anonymously will be given the opportunity to accept the prize but must agree to have a public announcement made regarding the contest win
  7. The contributed amounts will never be revealed to the public by myArmoury.com. Contest entrants can choose for themselves if they wish to share this with the community

Please read our detailed Rules and Limitations document for complete information and our disclaimer.

Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, just kicked in a small donation to get or keep the ball rolling even though I was already qualified by previous donations.

The economy sucks and I have to keep this one modest, but I think it's worth showing to Nathan a little extra appreciation and also make sure this place's budget remains financially healthy and if I win one of these prizes I will feel better about it giving a little again even if it's not required. Big Grin

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Jim S.

PostPosted: Tue 25 Nov, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just put a little more into the kitty. Thanks Nathan !!
Kenton Spaulding

Reading list: 12 books

PostPosted: Tue 25 Nov, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Yeoman is my favorite XIV too! I thought that I was a Sovereign man until I got a chance to play with a Yeoman for a bit at the NYC knife show a few years ago. Awesome little sword. Fingers crossed for a scotchbrite Christmas!

Kenton
Joel Minturn

PostPosted: Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sweet. Payday comes around before this ends. Big Grin I am so in.
Torsten F.H. Wilke

PostPosted: Tue 25 Nov, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow, a very generous gesture of gratitude by the management Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

I'm pretty sure many of the members will be extremely appreciative, even in this burgeoning era of hard times...
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 26 Nov, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just dropped some coin in myself.

Good luck to everyone!

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Curt Cummins

PostPosted: Thu 27 Nov, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I too have kicked in a little extra for the holidays.

Curt

Ye braggarts and awe be a'skeered and awa, frae Brandoch Daha
Olov Tidemalm

PostPosted: Thu 27 Nov, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Happy holidays to y'all. I did a donation as well. This site is one of my all-time favourites on the net. Great work!
Pierre T.

PostPosted: Fri 28 Nov, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I donated last time, but I'm going to donate again anyway just because I want to be sure I am in the contest, but more importantly because you folks really deserve it Happy

Pierre
Ed Toton

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 01 Dec, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Pierre T. wrote:
I'm pretty sure I donated last time, but I'm going to donate again anyway just because I want to be sure I am in the contest, but more importantly because you folks really deserve it Happy

Pierre

Same here, same reasons. Happy

This is a great idea, I think. That's one of the many things that I like about this community.

-Ed T. Toton III
ed.toton.org | ModernChivalry.org
My armor photos on facebook

Last edited by Ed Toton on Mon 01 Dec, 2008 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Doug Strong

PostPosted: Mon 01 Dec, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Glad to help. I value myArmoury
Dr. Douglas W. Strong
http://talbotsfineaccessories.com/
http://armourresearchsociety.org
Ben C.

PostPosted: Tue 02 Dec, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I would love to get my hands on that yeoman but I'm a lot happier just to see this site continue to exist. I'm very appreciative of the hard work that goes into the site. I've had a life long interest in history and combat but this site has greatly increased my knowledge of specific differences between arms, armour and fighting techniques and when and how they were implemented. For that I am extremely grateful.
Torsten F.H. Wilke

PostPosted: Mon 15 Dec, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mmmmm..... more nice swords Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Why can't the 5th just get here a bit sooner, lol.....

Anyone care to lobby for changing the Gregorian calender?
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 15 Dec, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I had originally wanted to end the contest before Christmas, but thought better of it. The notion of shipping expensive swords during the holiday crunch led to frightening thoughts of lost packages, delays, long lines, etc. Truth be told, I chose the prudent, but less fun, approach to make it a bit easier on myself.

I want to get this one out to the winner, too for a few reasons including the fact that I have another contest I want to start! haha

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Torsten F.H. Wilke

PostPosted: Mon 15 Dec, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mmmmm....... more contests, more happiness Happy Happy Happy

(We could probably make a significant impact on the world's problems this way)

Thanks, Nathan!!!
Jeff Kaisla

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Sun 21 Dec, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, I have donated my share. Thanks Nathan and the my Armory team for keeping this excellent source of knowledge and experience available to us.

Happy Holidays to all!
All the best
Jeff Kaisla
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 28 Dec, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Now that Christmas is over and we've all received our presents, I'll wish you all luck in getting an additional present this year. This time it will be compliments of the members of myArmoury.com!

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
John Gnaegy

PostPosted: Sun 28 Dec, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The photos on this site are well worth the $10 contribution, and the chance to win a sword...who can pass that up?
P. Cha

PostPosted: Mon 29 Dec, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh might as well. I really like type XIV swords...and I get a little donating member thingy next to my name Laughing Out Loud .

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Contest: Thanks for Giving and Happy New YearContest
Page 1 of 2
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: