For Sale: ArmArt #S32 Lord of Milan Sword [SOLD]
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I need the cash, so here goes another sword on the market:

#S32 Lord of Milan Sword
by ArmArt of the Czech Republic:

Original: Circa 1460-1470 Western Europe, Oakeshott type XVIII.4

[ Linked Image ]
Click photo to see full-sized version

With ArmArt's notorious track record of delays in delivery and extended production times, this may be one of your few opportunities to purchase a completed sword from these guys.

This is what they say about this piece:

This sword is based on the Oakeshott Type XVIII.4 on page 175 of Records of the Medieval Sword. However, what's unique to this sword is the Type V Fishtail pommel, III style. The crossguard is a Type II style, modified to curve downwards to achieve a remarkable aesthetic balance. We think you'll agree. The pommel's unique fluting flows into the grip, which is covered by a single piece of dark red leather. The tang is hammered into the pommel and becomes part of it.

Much attention-to-detail is given to the shaping of the pommel and crossguard. You'll notice many subtle qualities that emphasize the stateliness of this sword.

The blade sports a flattened diamond geometry with no fuller.

A similar sword but with a different cross guard exists in The Wallace Collection, London.

Overall length: 40.25"
Blade length: 30.75"
Blade width: 1.875" tapering to 1"
Grip and pommel length: 6.125"
Width of Guard: 7.875"
Weight: 2.65 pounds
Pommel type: Oakeshott V
Guard type: Oakeshott 4

[ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ]
Click any photo to see full-sized version

This piece includes a wooden-cored scabbard covered in a faded red leather, crafted by ArmArt.

This piece costs $450 (including shipping) direct from ArmArt. And they charge extra for the scabbard!

This piece is sold in unused condition and is sharpened.

Asking price: $420, or best offer, for sword and scabbard.
Includes shipping to continental US.
I prefer PayPal.

Still for sale.

New asking price: $400, or best offer, for sword and scabbard.
Includes shipping to continental US.
I prefer PayPal.

Nathan,

How does this sword handle? Where is the POB on it? Have you cut with it? I haven't been able to find any reviews on this model.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Ross wrote:
Nathan, How does this sword handle? Where is the POB on it? Have you cut with it? I haven't been able to find any reviews on this model.

Point of Balance is around six inches, making this sword have a good, strong blade presence. I think it handles quite well, especially considering the roll of a calvary type of weapon. It's not a finesse weapon or meant to be used for swashbuckling fencing type things that some swords seem to be made for, despite their historic inspiration.

I've never cut with it, as I wanted to keep it in "like new" condition.

Doubt you'll find much information on it, as not a lot of people have received swords from ArmArt. SFI once had a post about this piece when it was custom ordered back in the early days of the SFI Museum Store and ArmArt relationship. That guy seemed to like his piece quite a bit. I liked it so much i ordered one. I never got it, however, and asked for my money back. It wasn't until recently that one of these came up as an "already created" sword for order from ArmArt, which is how it came to me.

The ArmArts are pretty cool, especially their "finished" models like the Milan here. Their budget models are a little less polished, a little less perfect.

I have a ArmArt Sword of Prayer. It is a little blade-heavy for its type, but the lines and finish are very clean. Pavel does good work; it's just a shame that he fell behind with his custom orders. $400 is a sweet deal. Too bad Nathan isn't taking trades... ;)

New price: $375 including shipping to CONUS.

Include 3% if using PayPal.

This sword has been sold and the payment has been received.
Thanks to all those that messaged me.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: