Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Love the scabbard! Can't wait to see it done Robert!
Hi Robert.
Looking good cannot wait to see the finished sword and see the other two that you are going to forge for the museum.
Oh dear... :eek:

Robert that scabbard is awesome...
Last steps...

Attachment: 41.98 KB
upr36.JPG

Attachment: 36.03 KB
upr37.JPG

Attachment: 38.2 KB
upr38.JPG

Attachment: 49.46 KB
upr39.JPG

Attachment: 45.81 KB
upr40.JPG

Attachment: 52.4 KB
upr41.JPG

And a finished sword.
Total length-91cm
Blade length-78cm
Weight-1250g
Balance point-17cm
Another photos on my web-http://www.robert-moc.sk/pages/gallery/velkomoravsky-mec584.php

Attachment: 40.48 KB
upr42.JPG

Attachment: 45.5 KB
upr43.JPG

Attachment: 47.37 KB
upr44.JPG

Robert, this came out great. Really gives me a sense of the original in its prime. Definite the no-nonsense weapon of a man who meant business. Scabbard is great too!
I've always been a fan of simple, neat lines. This is a beautifully accomplished piece. And
I truly enjoyed tuning in to follow the progression to completion ...

It would also be cool to see pictures of the sword when they create the display at the
museum.
Excellent work! I love seeing the recreation alongside the original! It's like a before and after picture! As always Robert, a beautiful sword!
This is fantastic Robert! Thank you for sharing . It was a real treat to see this progress. Beautiful sword!

Jeff
Hi Robert.
Glad to see the sword finished and I must say the sword and scabbard look fantastic cant wait to see the other two.
Sword project with regional museum
[ Linked Image ]
So that's how the Petersen Type X sword would have looked like in the past as in Robert Môc's remake.
Type X sword is now displayed with original in museum.
So,the next will be a high-medieval sword of XVIa type by Oakeshott.This sword was found in river Hron near the village Kalná nad Hronom.Sword is rather in poor condition,but remains of brass inlays are good visible on both sides of blade.
Overall length-112cm
Blade length-86cm
Blade width-5,6cm
Crossguard-18,5cm
Pommel-7,2X6X3,1cm
Weight-1480g
Ballance point-2,5cmfrom guard

Attachment: 62.97 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 69.87 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 53.52 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 120.23 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 116.26 KB
[ Download ]
Ready steel parts of replica.Blade is monosteel boehler K945 with different heat treatment,pommel and cross are wrough iron.

Attachment: 86.98 KB
[ Download ]
That is going to be beautiful! The blade is gorgeous on that one. Can't wait to see the inlay!
Are the hilt components blackened? Maybe it is just the hue of the iron but it looks to have been treated to me.
No,hilt is not blackened.My idea is black-red-silver combination,so maybe will it blackened,maybe not.
Jeremy, you mean the viking one or the XVIa? Viking does look like it's blackened.
Stunning work Robert.

The type X came out great.

The next one will be even nicer!
Very interesting inscription in the blade.
I´d like to learn more.
Robert,

The Type X looks great. I'm even more excited for the XVI. It looks like the original sword in pristine state must have been a very lively and agile blade. My guess is that your reproduction would be a joy to handle.
Thank you.
What you want know,Peter?
Sword was found during the gravel dredging,so blade was deformated and then straightened in museum.Blade have hexagonal section in all lenght and tip is relatively thin.Rather rough piled structure is visible on the blade.Inlay is
Small cross,R.H.A.P.S-in circle on oneside and small heart V.D.G.N.cross in circle on other side.Hole in crossguard is big-14X35mm,so I think grip end was inserted into crossguard-like on ancient sabres.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: