Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Pikula pieces now drastically reduced! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Michael Pikula
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 27 Oct, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject: Pikula pieces now drastically reduced!         Reply with quote

As of late I have been focusing on continuing my education and working toward a new direction in life. I have been running into issues with financial aid, and am trying to make headway on paying off debt. To help make headway I would like to offer my two latest, and most likely last pieces, for sale at a discounted price, $2000 off as a matter of fact.

The first one, shown in the following thread: http://myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=29515&highlight= is now $4000 plus shipping.

The second, which I have been calling "Grave Find" can be seen here:http://myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=29841&highlight= is now $6000 plus shipping.

I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Thank you very much for looking and supporting me in my journey.

www.warriorspathpatternweld.com
Michael Pikula
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 27 Oct, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Also here is a progress thread showing work being done on the "Grave Find" http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...highlight=
Michael Pikula
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 22 Jan, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I hope everyone has had a wonderful new year so far! I would like to mention that the pieces are still available for purchase, I had several inquiries which haven't lead to an acquisition, so there is still time if you are interesting in picking up one of these works.

Is still for sale at $4000
http://myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=29515&highlight=

Is still available for $6000. There is an individual whom expressed great interest, but has not corresponded in over a month, so I am open to all other interested parties.
http://myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=29841&highlight=

As with my first post, more information on these pieces can be found in the included links, or by sending me a personal message. If knowing dimensions and stats on the pieces is important to your purchasing decision please ask me via personal message and I will be happy to help you out.

Many thanks and hope you have a wonderful day!
Michael Pikula

Michael Beeching

PostPosted: Thu 22 Jan, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Good Sir,

If you don't mind me asking, do you have a website? I've been curious at looking at other examples of your work - the work I've seen to date has been fantastic, but I'd like to see other things you've done as well.

And, I certainly understand about matters of debt - I expect many years of work to pay off student loans et al. And, with the mandatory expansion of the healthcare system, there's yet another thing to contend with that I simply cannot afford.

All the best, Mr. Pikula.
-Michael
Michael Pikula
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jan, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thank you for the question Michael, I do not have a website and have taken down my facebook page. The best way to find examples of my work is to search my name here on myArmoury.
Michael Pikula
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 08 Feb, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Last Wednesday the "Grave Find" started a new parts of its journey and is currently in route to its new home. The last of my remaining works is still available for $4000. If you have been wanting a truly unique sword, don't let this one pass you up! Tomorrow afternoon I'll be posting the stats for the XVIII in the original thread. I'm aiming for this piece to find a new home by the end of next week.
Michael Pikula
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 16 Feb, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Great news, none of the interested individuals have made a decision on purchasing the XVIIIc which means you can still add it to your collection! Here are the stats. on the piece.

Length overall: 46.25"
Length of grip: 8.75"
Width of guard: 11.8"
Width of blade at the guard: 3.8"
Width 3" from the tip: 1.4"
Point of Balance: 4.7" forward of guard
Point of Rotation: At the tip
Center of percussion: 21.3" forward of guard
Weight: 4 pounds 5 ounces
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 17 Feb, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that you are probably moving on to other ventures Michael, I've always been impressed by your work and think it's a shame that it's so hard to make it in this business even with obvious talent.
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Michael Pikula
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 18 Feb, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It is a really natural transition Russ, and I like to think of life as occurring in cycles Happy
Michal Plezia
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 19 Feb, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Pikula pieces now drastically reduced!         Reply with quote

Michael Pikula wrote:
To help make headway I would like to offer my two latest, and most likely last pieces, for sale at a discounted price

I believe "last pieces" refers to last pieces made for sale, not literally last pieces made by you.

I hope you'll still be making blades at least as a hobbyist. It would be a great loss if you abandon bladesmithing completely.

www.elchon.com

Polish Guild of Knifemakers

The sword is a weapon for killing, the art of the sword is the art of killing. No matter what fancy words you use or what titles you put to
it that is the only truth.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 19 Feb, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Michael Pikula wrote:
It is a really natural transition Russ, and I like to think of life as occurring in cycles Happy

I tend to agree with that thought. If I can be nosy what are you transitioning too? You may have said elsewhere and I've missed it. Still something craft related or something else entirely?

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Michael Pikula
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 23 Feb, 2015 4:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am in the process of graduating from a therapeutic bodywork program and plan on opening my own practice. I really enjoy being able to work with my hands to manipulate soft tissues and fascial structures to help individuals feel better and have a healing experience. So just like swordsmithing! But slightly different:)

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Pikula pieces now drastically reduced!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic