Go to page Previous  1, 2

I got a big kick out of saying to my friend "Hey! I GOT that sword!"
That's awesome seeing your stuff on the screen, congrats!
Congratulations
Congratulations to you and to the movie's prop department that decided that movie consumers deserve good quality
weapons if the scenes are going to ''work''.
Seventh Son
Hello all,
I saw this over the weekend and enjoyed it.As has been stated previously there is not an awful lot of screen time focusing on the weapons being used - I thought the costuming overall was fairly impressive - as were the sets and things like torch sconces and chandeliers .
Bridges is always fun to watch and it was fun ID`ing various Arms and Armor pieces.
Sadly no credit was listed for sword/weapons maker.
I had a decent enough time watching it. Fairly shallow story and typical themes are recycled but it worked well enough for me for short sword and sorcery diversion.
Well we were able to see it this weekend and enjoyed it. The takeaway is that now I want a Schloss Erbach and a Saxon parrying dagger, so I guess I need to add that to my A&A list! The SE has quite a few good shots actually, and so does a dagger, but I couldn't tell if it was the Elizabethan or Saxon. Well done Craig and everyone at A&A. Quite a big deal. I could not see much of the GBS unfortunately. I'd like to see some stills of some scenes to be able to really see the weapons. One nice shot of the English Bill in the movie too.

As far as the movie, well we enjoyed it more than John Carter, Avatar and Clash of the Titans (new one). It holds up well against these kinds of pleasant distractions. Some CG was rough, but the monsters were actually pretty sweet. The biggest flaw of the movie is the fatal sickness of Sequelitis. I'm afraid that by hoping to have more sequels made at some point, the movie itself was not fleshed out in a way the world deserved. They should have made a better, tighter movie or spun out to two movies, and the story would have been much improved. The plot and story-world have some good original elements, but not done to justice.

If there had been more fighting between people, the A&A swords would surely have been better seen and showcased. But the monsters had other, stranger weapons. I hope Craig does not get a request to make whatever the chain axe thing might be. Oh that reminds me, I wonder if A&A made the falchion that Bridges uses at one point to train the apprentice? And whose idea was it to use darkened finish and lighter brown leather on the swords? A nice combination!

Julianne Moore and Jeff Bridges were very good, actually, not phoning it in as the expression goes. It would have been a fun movie for them I think. I wonder if they talked much about Big Lebowski. They are good actors. Although Bridges' goofy accent did wear on me, and the Cali-sounding accent of the other male lead, who I have already forgotten. He's British apparently but didn't sound like it.

So I'd recommend it. Of course it isn't The Seventh Seal, but it was as Glen says, something for everyone.
J. Nicolaysen wrote:

So I'd recommend it. Of course it isn't The Seventh Seal, but it was as Glen says, something for everyone.

Well, at least the swords in this movie were better than the ones in The Seventh Seal. :D Of course, when Bergman's movie was made, A&A wasn't yet around. If they had been........
Yeah...Yeesh: http://www.blogcdn.com/blog.moviefone.com/med...al-469.jpg

But obviously one of the best films of all time, besides that.

Edited: Hey now if I could only photoshop an A&A Grunwald there, I'd have an avatar...
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: