Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Various knives and a truncheon!Removed Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Wed 18 Mar, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: For Sale: Various knives and a truncheon!         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Hi All,

Doing a bit of spring cleaning, and thinning out the collection a bit…

Rondel Dagger by Tod:

Blade length: 12.5”
Blade thickness: ½”
Blade width: ¾”

This a beautiful rondel from Tod at Todstuff. One of his older offerings, although I bet you could commission one if you wanted to.
Essentially a very long, very thick, very sturdy, very sharp spike! I love it! The blade is half an inch thick at the base, and tapers evenly down to the long clipped point.

The shaped rondels are made of brass and copper, and, combined with the spirally-fluted hardwood grip, give an otherwise utilitarian weapon a bit of bling. I haven’t polished the furniture in a while, hence the patina, but happy to give it a bit of a buff with some brasso: the hilt really shines after it’s been polished!

Comes with its fitted double-layered leather scabbard with thong to attach to your belt. I was worried that the dagger would want to tip upside down when worn, but Tod obviously knows his stuff, so it stubbornly stays pointing grip-end up, and is held very securely in place by the leather.

Asking £180 including UK p&p. Happy to accept payment by bank transfer, but if you want to use paypal, I’ll split the fees with you, so please add 2%. Any queries, please pm me, or e-mail: a.mercer@leeds.ac.uk

Enfield MK7 bayonet and handle:

I haven’t seen many of these around the place, and don’t really know much about them. A very heavy and sturdy turned-steel grip with a knuckle-bow, onto which you can mount any of the Enfield No4 rifle’s bayonets. Comes with a Mk7 bayonet and scabbard.

The bayonet fits on a protruding lug at the top of the handle, and locks in place using the bayonet’s spring-lock. Also works with the spike-bayonets.

I assume this was introduced in order to make the utilitarian No 4 bayonets a bit more useful as a hand-to-hand weapon. The grip is stamped with ‘SE’ and the Broad Arrow mark. Very hefty, and could be used as a weapon in itself!

Asking £95 including UK p&p. Happy to accept payment by bank transfer, but if you want to use paypal, I’ll split the fees with you, so please add 2%. Any queries, please pm me, or e-mail: a.mercer@leeds.ac.uk

MOD Type D survival knife:
Overall length: 12 3/8”
Blade length: 7 ¼”
Blade thickness: nearly ¼” thick

Another very hefty knife. Broad-arrow stamped, and dated 1988.

The steel has been blued and, while not razor sharp, does have an edge on it. Standard wooden slab-grips. Fits nicely in a SA80 camo scabbard – to my mind a bit of an upgrade from, and far sturdier than, the original leather sheath.

Could do with a little TLC to make it a show-piece; or you could use it as your camp knife and really abuse it: it’s built like a tank!

Asking £27 inc UK p&p. Happy to accept payment by bank transfer, but if you want to use paypal, I’ll split the fees with you, so please add 2%. Any queries, please pm me, or e-mail: a.mercer@leeds.ac.uk

SA80 bayonet and full scabbard:

An issued SA80 bayonet, comes complete with its nylon/fabric scabbard, and internal scabbard/ multitool with saw blade; sharpening stone; and lug which works with the blade to create a wire cutter (sorry – can’t seem to find my pics of this one! I’ll post some later).
Everything is present and solid: this has been issued, but I can’t tell how long ago.
Asking £55 for this, including UK p&p. Happy to accept payment by bank transfer, but if you want to use paypal, I’ll split the fees with you, so please add 2%. Any queries, please pm me, or e-mail: a.mercer@leeds.ac.uk

Puma Sea Hunter:

Blade length: 6 ½”
Grip length: 4 7/8”
Blade thickness: 3/16” thick

I bought this as a bit of an impulse buy as it looked so cool!

Most likely dating from the 60s/70s, and very well-made, as Puma’s knives were back then. This particular model looks to be hard to come across in decent condition, and the asking prices for ones mint in box are crazy (even used ones are going for $450-$500 on e-bay!)!

Obviously this one isn’t mint in box, but it looks like it’s been kept in a tool box all its life and never used: the Bakelite grip and plastic scabbard are scuffed, although otherwise in fine condition: the lanyard and scabbard-tie have never been undone or used; and it still fits tightly into its scabbard with none of the wear I would expect to develop in this kind of friction-fit retention system.

The blade is pretty much as new, with a lovely polish to it. The blade is interesting because of how it has been thought out: the geometry, positioning, and edge differ throughout the blade in order for it to be able to handle all kinds of different tasks. The purpose of each section of the blade is etched onto the blade next to it, just in case you were curious about what that micro-serrated tip was meant to be used for!

Asking £150 for this, including UK p&p. Happy to accept payment by bank transfer, but if you want to use paypal, I’ll split the fees with you, so please add 2%. Any queries, please pm me, or e-mail: a.mercer@leeds.ac.uk

British police truncheon:

Overall length: 14 ¾”

Something a little different and not blade-related.

A lovely police truncheon from what I believe to be the 1920s or ‘30s. Turned out of ebony, and stamped with the CP and crown cypher.

Still has its original leather wrist-strap and has a beautiful weight and heft to it, despite its small size. I wouldn’t want to get tapped on the noggin with one of these!

Asking £50 including UK p&p. Happy to accept payment by bank transfer, but if you want to use paypal, I’ll split the fees with you, so please add 2%. Any queries, please pm me, or e-mail: a.mercer@leeds.ac.uk

Cheers,

Ant
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Tue 28 Apr, 2015 5:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bumpety bump, and Truncheon Sold!

Apologies, I haven't had enough good weather to take pics of the SA80.

Cheers,

Ant
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Mon 18 May, 2015 4:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bump and a price drop! Big Grin

Tod's dagger = £160 inc UK p&p

Enfield bayonet and handle (apologies - I think I said this was a MK 7 bayonet, where I believe it is a Mk 5) = £85 inc UK p&p

MOD survival knife = £22 inc UK p&p

PUMA Seahunter = £130 inc UK p&p

Cheers,

Ant
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Fri 22 May, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bayonet, type D, and the Puma all sold.

Tod's rondel still for sale.

Cheers,

Ant
Ant Mercer

PostPosted: Tue 23 Jun, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bump!

Rondel still available, and I've eventually gotten around to taking some snaps of the SA80 bayonet:

£55 all in, including UK postage and paypal.

Cheers,

Ant

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Various knives and a truncheon!Removed
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic