Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jeremy V. Krause wrote:
I read that folks contributing a great deal of money to the project will receive "a hand-forged Battle-ready" sword. I wonder who is making these.

With the ubiquitous "battle-ready" I wouldn't expect the highest quality. An interesting thing to note nevertheless.

I did asked in the kickstarter about who will be making the sword.
Foong Chen Hong wrote:
Jeremy V. Krause wrote:
I read that folks contributing a great deal of money to the project will receive "a hand-forged Battle-ready" sword. I wonder who is making these.

With the ubiquitous "battle-ready" I wouldn't expect the highest quality. An interesting thing to note nevertheless.

I did asked in the kickstarter about who will be making the sword.

It's mostly likely going to be blunt. A sharpened sword that comes with a video game is very rare.
Edward Lee wrote:

It's mostly likely going to be blunt. A sharpened sword that comes with a video game is very rare.
Actually, the FAQ says that they can come either sharpened or unsharpened depending on the contributor's preference.

This isn't to say that I expect them to be of terribly good quality, though.
Heh, I used to be a gamer years back.

That looks pretty cool.
Actually the OP gif shows longswords. If that's their idea of slow, I think we'll be fine. There are kinda "chopperish" longswords in existence, and while I'd love to have dozens of subclasses for every weapon class, it's not necessarily a viable idea. I'm more bothered with that sidering and all those chausses given the 1403 date.
Finally, the video update I've really been waiting for: COMBAT. This 12 minute feature does a reasonably satisfying job of conveying what the game combat will actually be like.

Update #14
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/posts

This kickstarter campaign has been a resounding success and new stretch goals are steadily being met. Of particular interest are the next couple of goals...

800,000 In-Game Combat Academy & Companion Training Video
900,000 Tournament Mode

Details of which can be found a short way down the home page.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance

So yeah, this game's actually gonna happen, hopefully next year even. It certainly won't be a "perfect" game but I am verymuch looking forward to the day I can install this on my PS4 / 50" flat screen, and with a few bottles of stout on hand, I plan on spending some quality time in the 15th Century.
Christopher B Lellis wrote:

But then you ...took an arrow to the knee?? ;)
Scott S. wrote:
Christopher B Lellis wrote:

But then you ...took an arrow to the knee?? ;)

I used to be very addicting gamer and lost interest in gaming, then I took Dark Souls to the body.
Awesome! between this and the new Banner Lords (Mount&Blade) I'll need to upgrade my PC! Though must be a rainy day/late night game else my other activities may suffer!
For anyone still interested in this game, it's now in Alpha testing, and development has proceeded far enough that they've released the first iteration of sword combat to testers. They demo it in the linked livestream if you'd like to see the direction they're going with it (the relevant portion of the video is from about 23 minutes in to about 38 minutes or so).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNK_0BgT2TI
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: