Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Into the Badlands? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Kevin Hughes

PostPosted: Thu 08 Oct, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Into the Badlands?         Reply with quote

I saw a promo for "Into the Badlands," a new television show that is coming out on cable. All I know is that it is set in some dystopian or post apocalyptic future where guns are banned and everybody has to fight with swords.

I know there is a lot of artistic license in movies and shows featuring sword fighting, but from what I have observed so far in the promo's is that nobody in the show wears any sort of armor, and all of the fighting styles and weapons seem to be Eastern. It is being promoted as a genre bending martial arts series, but if it only features Eastern swords and styles, I think it will just be more of the same

This would be a great platform to bring Eastern and Western martial arts on the same stage, and have them pitted against each other in some situations. If this becomes the case then the show would be very appealing to me. But it might not be good TV, as Hollywood seems to think that only Eastern sword fights are exciting enough to watch.
Shahril Dzulkifli

PostPosted: Fri 09 Oct, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Into the Badlands?         Reply with quote

Into the Badlands is set to premiere on 15 November on AMC. The series stars Márton Csókás (xXx), Daniel Wu, Sarah Bolger, Emily Beecham, Stephen Lang (Avatar) and Orla Brady and was created by Alfred Gough and Miles Millar (Smallville).

“You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength”

- Marcus Aurelius
Greg Ballantyne

PostPosted: Sun 18 Oct, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I don't generally hold any hope for these sorts of things having anything of redeeming value in them...... TV series that are supposed to have some sort of historical basis are usually dismal......
Lafayette C Curtis

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Tue 20 Oct, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Having seen the trailer, I suspect it's just going to be full of exaggerated CG and/or wire-fu actions. Might still be worth watching if it has a strong story, but probably not that outstanding from the fight choreography standpoint.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Into the Badlands?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic