Interesting Antiques
Hello All,

I was looking at Nathan's collection this weekend and decided to check out a link to Lion Gate Arms and Armour. There are some antiques there that are really interesting (to me at least). Like this Kilij, this Dha, and this Indian Matchlock. There are some interesting Japanese swords as well. They're a little rich for my blood, but they sure are fun to look at :D !

Cheers,
Re: Interesting Antiques
Nate C. wrote:
Hello All,

I was looking at Nathan's collection this weekend and decided to check out a link to Lion Gate Arms and Armour. There are some antiques there that are really interesting (to me at least). Like this Kilij, this Dha, and this Indian Matchlock. There are some interesting Japanese swords as well. They're a little rich for my blood, but they sure are fun to look at :D !

Cheers,

Lion Gate does have some very nice stuff from time to time. That kilik is beautiful and desireable, if expensive. The dha is in the form of a ceremonial piece commonly refered to as a "temple sword". Some of these are actually used in ceremonies, but most seen on the western market are made for tourist consumption. I have owned half a dozen different examples, and never paid more than $100.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: