Nice inexpensive bucklers at Therion
Just picked up a couple of these:

http://www.therionarms.com/reenact/therionarms_c563.html

For the price they're really nice. They also have a leather thong to wear on your belt. Most bucklers on the mass market generally are held together with modern screws and bolts, which is fine for function and even looks if you don't look at the back. These ones are riveted and even have an attractive handle. I haven't put them to use yet, will do so in the next couple days.
Neat looking but too small for my needs. Let us know how they hold up.
Gary Grzybek wrote:
Neat looking but too small for my needs. Let us know how they hold up.

Yeah, we normally use much larger bucklers... but I wanted to play around with these small ones as an experiment, particularly because they're cheap. Some of the grappling maneuvers I can already see working quite well with the smaller shield.
I like the description.

"A pair of these could also be used as a fantasy amazon bikini top. We will do the conversion for those for free only if we get to do the fittings in person. (Therion is keeping his fingers crossed and praying that Lady Amber never reads this item description.)"

:D
Cue the Wagner music... ;)
Pamela Muir wrote:
Cue the Wagner music... ;)

Da-da-dah daah daah, da-da-dah daah daah, da-da-dah daah daah, da-da-dah daaaah...

...is that napalm I smell?

Anyhow, seriously, using one of these as the boss for a viking shield might be mighty interesting. The price certainly isn't bad.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: