Something for the schiavona lovers
Hi

I have just returned from a wonderfull weekend in Leeds visiting the Royal Armouries. I got the chance to see the arms storage - a wonderfull sight - and take a few pictures. Moments before I had to leave my eyes fell on some schiavonas and I got a few photos of them. I would have loved to take pictures of each one but this is all I got ...

Søren

Attachment: 90.66 KB
schiavona1.jpg

Attachment: 97.3 KB
schiavona2.jpg

Attachment: 87.87 KB
schiavona3.jpg

Thanks for posting these pictures! Can't seem to get enough of this wonderful type sword as of late. Very nice indeed. You didn't happen to get some snap-shots of any Mortuary's did ya"?

Bill
That's grreat ! I'm surprised to see such a big shelf of schiavonas. It makes me wonder how many originals of this type still exist. Hundreds? More than a thousand?
Beautiful!
Ya know... I'll bet they'd never miss just *one*..... :D

Cheers!

Pat
Aye, Impressive ....

There's nothing like the site of a room full of weapons, gathered, that affords one the opportunity to choose which is right for the day ;-)

Great shots, thanks for sharing ! Mac

Attachment: 101.63 KB
sword storeroom 6.jpg

:surprised: :cool: Wow.
Sweet :eek:
I think I just found my new desktop!

Great display !, anything not shown?

Chuck
Chuck Wyatt wrote:
I think I just found my new desktop!

Great display !, anything not shown?

Chuck

I believe that he has (or at least used to) a Howard Clark katana lurking about somewhere. Wow what a change Mac! I remember a full shot of your collection a few years ago that contained a whole lot of del tins and a whole lot more medieval cruciform type swords. Tastes and budgets change.. no? :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: