Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Examples of the Borre style
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:

That's not to say that I am shutting down this thread... :D

:D Thanks for that Aaron! :D
Well! i found it, Nydam Mose/Bog :D not far away from that other picture i found :eek: :p
Re: Examples of the Borre style
Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom wrote:

Well! i found it, Nydam Mose/Bog :D not far away from that other picture i found :eek: :p

WOW!!!

Great work Patrik! :D

Now I can add the source back into my records.

(Looks like Shane was right about the date... Migration Era rather than Viking.)

Thanks my friend

ks
Hey Aaron,

That's a pretty ambitious project! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. If you're looking for a reference for designs and how to draw them, I have two books that might help. They are Celtic art not Viking specifically, but they give a good idea on how to draw the intricate knotwork, etc. So check your local library/Barnes and Noble.

Celtic Art: The Methods of Construction, by George Bain
ISBN 0-486-22923-8

Draw Your Own Celtic Designs, by David James with Vitor Gonzalez
ISBN 0-7153-1525-0

I hope they help.

Cheers,
Thanks, Nate! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product, too! :p

I appreciate the suggestions for the book. I will have to check them out once I get back in the country - I'm literally in the middle of nowhere right now - on an oil/gas production platform in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. I'm quite seriously limited to roughly 200 feet in any direction, and no library. I'm hoping to have this project well under way by then, but this won't be the last one. Seems I'll have a couple more projects in the queue here very soon... but I won't let those cats out of the bag yet. :D

Also, again, a big thanks to everyone who has helped with this thread. Y'all are awesome!
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: