Picture from ArmArt
ArmArt has sent the following picture of what is supposed to be my custom bronze leaf blade under construction. After more than 3 1/2 years, dare I hope?

Attachment: 40.95 KB
Brocksword.jpg

Very nice!!

I have wanted a very similar sword for over 10 years based on photos in a book called "Celtic Warriors" by Tim Newark, illustrated by Angus McBride. It's like an Osprey book on steroids.
I've wanted a bronze leaf blade for about 35 years since I saw a drawing in The Archaeology of Weapons. So I've actually been waiting a lot longer than 3 1/2 years.
Looks very intersting.

I hope it is what you hope it is!!! :D
Brock H wrote:
I've wanted a bronze leaf blade for about 35 years since I saw a drawing in The Archaeology of Weapons. So I've actually been waiting a lot longer than 3 1/2 years.

Amazon just shipped that book, along with Records of the Medieval Sword, to me today. I should get them Wednesday or Thursday!!
That's a barstool instead of a workbench. Ominous. :wtf:

:lol:
Re: Picture from ArmArt
Brock H wrote:
ArmArt has sent the following picture of what is supposed to be my custom bronze leaf blade under construction. After more than 3 1/2 years, dare I hope?

Looks great. I offer a tentative congratulations. I would like one of those, myself.
Nice looking piece. Glad to hear you are getting what you paid for from these guys. I was *this close* to ordering a custom sword and dagger about 3 1/2 years ago, but (fortunately) I didn't go through with it. Hopefully they're trying to make it right with their customers.

Brian M
Nice'y hilt!!
Showing A but not B :wtf: , more pictures Brock H :D
That's the only picture they've sent me. More as I get them. In the meantime, here's the design drawing. My scan of the original it's based upon is too large to attach. Maybe later today I'll make a smaller scan and add it.

Attachment: 17.69 KB
[ Download ]
:eek: OOOH MAN!! :eek:
Thats (drool) are (drool) a (drool) nice (drool) bronze Sword (drool) :D :cool:

Thanks Brock, for that picture. :)
Here's a scan of a drawing of the entire original from Bohuslavice, Czech Rep.

Attachment: 86.47 KB
[ Download ]

Last edited by Brock H on Thu 02 Jun, 2005 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Here are the hilt details of the original.

Patrik, stop drooling on my sword!!! :D

Attachment: 85.46 KB
Bohuslavice 2.jpg

Last edited by Brock H on Thu 02 Jun, 2005 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Okay, what'd I do so that a couple posts only have links to the pictures while in a couple others the picture is part of the post? :wtf: I'm sure I did the same thing each time.
:D Sorry for that Brock, that's nothing compare to all fingerprints you will have later, all over your monitor :D
When you attach pictures next time, give them a max size of 695 dots/pixels so will it work
and check to so the file not are bigger then 125 KB

Attachment: 21.69 KB
Bohuslavice 11.jpg

Attachment: 32.74 KB
bronzesword #1 design1.jpg

I made sure all pictures were under 100 KB. Oh well, everyone can see them now without having to click on a link. Thanks, Patrik.

If ArmArt gets it to me before the end of Aug., the sword itself is likely to have fingerprints all over it. I'm going to a Bronze Sword Festival in England and it's been requested I bring this if possible. I can imagine a lot of people wanting to get their hands on it. :D
Brock H wrote:
...I'm going to a Bronze Sword Festival in England and it's been requested I bring this if possible. I can imagine a lot of people wanting to get their hands on it. :D

I would be interested in a report on that Bronze Sword Festival, if you wouldn't mind. I had considered going, myself, but have too much else going on.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: