Go to page Previous  1, 2

Hey Jesse, it's about time you came by here! :p

Nice job on the seax. Inspires me to get up off my duff and finish a few i have laying around! Be sure and put some finished pics up!
Thanks, Don!

Here it is...

Really a beautiful piece, Jesse! It cleaned up really nicely. Thank you!

We saw how the wood and spacers were being attached. Could you give us a little info on the finishing and attachment of the bone?
Jesse Frank wrote:
Thanks, Don!

Here it is...

Jesse,

I would be interested to know what the stats on your knife are, total length, blade length weight etc.

Thanks,

Allen
Thanks!

Basically, the buttcap is glued and rivited on to cover up the peened over tang, nothing too fancy. Although I didn't have any copper the right size, so I had to forge it down.

The blade on this thing is filled with subtleties. From the quench line to the etch on the spine.... it's fun to look at :D

The stats...

Overall length: approximately 16"
Blade length: approximately 10.5"
Handle: approximately 5.5"

I didn't weigh it, I would guess less than a pound :)
Hey Jesse, any chance of you bringing that by the FABA meeting at Clyde Payton's this weekend? I'd love to see it in person.

-v
I would, but it's on it's way to good ol' LA as we speak!
That came out really nice looking! The handle looks especially smooth and comfy! I bet it would have been an absolute pleasure to lop an arm off one of those pesky Normans using something like that! :D
Thanks, Don!

Wait 'till you see the next project.... Had a smelting party on sunday, the best furnace run yet! got a big ol' 40lber !!! :D :lol: :eek: :) :cool:
For the record, folks, this is a beautifully executed piece. Most excellent, Jesse! Thank you!
(yes, I'm the lucky guy that got this piece, so :p)

The blade length is just right for a good utility piece or secondary weapon. The grip is very comfortable and secure. Nice, subtle pattern in the metal. Very organic.

Hopefully, my own shoptime will allow me to start a horizontal scabbard for it this weekend. Leatherwork to do on two other sword scabbards, so I'll already be in that mode. I'll stick pics up when I get going on it.

Oh, hey... did I say this is a nice piece?
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: