Japanese Kabuto,Hanbo,Menpo & Somen.
I am soon going to try to photograph my small collection of Japanese |Armour. Not sure if this is of interest to this site, if not can anyone suggest an Armour site>
There are not a lot of items,One full suite,Ten helmits and nine masks but cover from the Koto era to Gendai.

I'd be interested in seeing it.
I have a new interest in samurai arms and armour so I'm interested.
By all means, post some pics. :) Nathan himself said in the Call for Articles thread that he'd like to increase the scope of this site to include more non-European arms and armour, and I agree. :)
starting with the youngest.........
G. Scott H. wrote:
By all means, post some pics. :) Nathan himself said in the Call for Articles thread that he'd like to increase the scope of this site to include more non-European arms and armour, and I agree. :)

Here we go. This man died some years ago but still cannot find too much about him.
Signed "Ichiro " under the chin, Ichiro Fukutake was a master of Uchidashi work so it is annoying that I cannot find more on the man.

Attachment: 59.41 KB
untitled2.jpg

Attachment: 18.26 KB
cc_1_b.jpg

Out of curiosity, how thick is that faceplate? It's a complex piece and hard to measure, but I really would like to know. Even if you can give me just an estimate. Just wondering about it's protective value. Gorgeus looking piece BTW.
Thickness
Risto Rautiainen wrote:
Out of curiosity, how thick is that faceplate? It's a complex piece and hard to measure, but I really would like to know. Even if you can give me just an estimate. Just wondering about it's protective value. Gorgeus looking piece BTW.

The metal thickness on the side cheeks appears to be 2mm, difficult to see as the inner surface is lacquered. This is about the same as the old masks I have and would have performed very well, not as well as those in Hide though. :cool:

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: