Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Atlanta Cutlery English Hanger on sale Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
William C Champlin

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 22 Jun, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Atlanta Cutlery English Hanger on sale         Reply with quote

Atlanta Cutlery is selling their "English Hanger" for $54.95 (down from $89.00). It's brass hilted 31" long with a 25.5" single-fullered blade. It has a two bar heart shaped guard made of brass. Comes with a leather and brass scabbard. The fuller is a little irregular in execution. P.O.B. 5" from guard. It feels a little blade heavy to me, but is an attractive little sword. I've bent it 4-5" and it returns to true. I haven't sharpened it so no comment on cutting ability. Mine came with a price tag that states "was $89 now $44" so maybe if you show up at the store it will be cheaper.W.

Attachment: 17.8 KB
british hanger.jpg

tweetchris
Tom Carr

PostPosted: Thu 23 Jun, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just did some extensive cutting with the Windlass German hanger. I found it to be a brutally effective cutter. If fact out of nearly 100 cuts with the german hanger I only pooched 1 cut, and that to slippery ground. All other cuts were perfect and left the bottoms of the 20 oz water bottles standing. I was shocked at its effectiveness. I contacted Sean Flynt, who I bought this little monster from and told him how it performed. Sean regrets letting it go, but he has a custom hanger coming that should make up for it. Still at less than $100 it has to be the best little cutter I have come across. This is a real sleeper folks! I'm really starting to look at hangers a lot different these days!
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

PostPosted: Fri 24 Jun, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If this one is as well made as the German hanger, it's a steal. Looks like almost the same blade and hilt construction. If my collecting extended into the 18th c. I'd have happily kept the German and likely would have picked up this one as well. I've even considered getting one of these and rehilting the blade as a late 17th c. cutlass. Thanks for the heads-up!
-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Atlanta Cutlery English Hanger on sale
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic