Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Rapier & Backsword Maker's Marks Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jul, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

William Goodwin wrote:
Aaron,

You'd be most welcome anytime. Maybe next year we'll meet up at the ATL Blade-Show, I do mean to go next year since missing this time.

Bill

Count on it - somewhere, someplace.

Wow, that sounded like "you, me, behind the bikeshed..." - worse yet, we're talking about weapons. Glad we're friends, man! Razz

All joking aside, I'm looking very much forward to the opportunity.

Likewise, I look forward to an opportunity to shake hands and perhaps raise a pint with both Daniel and Mac someday as well.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
Daniel Parry

Reading list: 39 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well if any of you are headed London-way in the future, I'd be happy to have a pint or a dram. Great local pub in Hampstead where I live. I think it's been there since 1690 and I'm not sure they've cleaned the windows properly since then.

Thanks again for the info, Bill. I've put in an offer on both pieces and will know in a week to 10 days if I have raised enough coin to pay the boatman. Knowing that one of the other interested parties recently acquired a silver and gold inlaid early Bavarian swept hilt rapier for $35,000 doesn't make me very confident, however !! I saw that particular sword a few years back when it changed hands at auction. Beauty ! Immaculate condition. A real museum piece. One of those pieces in fact where your moral side tells you it should actually be in a museum where others interested can appreciate it rather than in a collector's den (but that's probably just sour grapes because i don't have $35,000 loose in my back pocket!).

i'll keep an eye out on dealer's catalogues and websites for anything in the Mortuary line and post a note to you if anything nice comes up. The offer of assistance and info is mutual so if there's anything you want, auction/museum catalogues, info, a book you can't find in the US, a photo of a museum piece over here etc I'm happy to oblige (same goes for you Aaron, Mac, Patrick, Chad ...........anyone on the site who I talk to on posts - probably my advantage of being in the UK is that some things are more accessible to me than to you guys over there). I draw the line at actually breaking into the Tower of London to steal a particular piece though so make any requests reasonable!

Daniel

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Rapier & Backsword Maker's Marks
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: