New custom stuff at A&A
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this already, but A&A has some nice new custom stuff on their website. Of particular interest to me are the German hunting bough and the 7-ring rapier. Lovely stuff!

http://www.arms-n-armor.com/custom.html

Attachment: 43.36 KB
custom925c.jpg

Attachment: 9.41 KB
custom926a.jpg

Nice. The grip, and cross on the hunting sword look like they would be murder on the hands though.
J. Padgett wrote:
Nice. The grip, and cross on the hunting sword look like they would be murder on the hands though.

Craig Johnson, the person who made the hunting sword, says that the grip was extremely comfortable and fit like a glove as if it was grown to be a sword hilt.
Both look neat at the very least.

I like some of the alternative grip materials people do from time to time.
I once owned a knife with an antler handle of that exact shape. It was the very first custom piece I ever bought, years and years ago. Unfortunately it was stolen by movers when I got out of the Navy. The grip was extremely comfortable and secure.
Here are some additional photos of the Custom Seven-ring Rapier that didn't make it to the final Web site:

Click photos to see full-sized versions.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

This piece truly impresses me, especially when compared to the original on which it is based:

[ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ]
Patrick Kelly wrote:
I once owned a knife with an antler handle of that exact shape. It was the very first custom piece I ever bought, years and years ago. Unfortunately it was stolen by movers when I got out of the Navy. The grip was extremely comfortable and secure.

Hm. That reminds me. I have a knife with just such a grip that I need to put up for sale. Thanks!
That katzbalger-hilted two-hander they're offering looks really nice too--I wonder if they would be willing to inscribe the blade with the "Lost all my money gambling" motto, as per the infamous Urs Graf drawing!
Thanks for pointing those out Geoff that rapier is very impressive!
Hm. Something else I didn't notice before, but the Heritage Items page is rather interesting also. Has this been around for a while, and I just didn't notice?

http://www.arms-n-armor.com/heritage.html
Geoff Freeman wrote:
Hm. Something else I didn't notice before, but the Heritage Items page is rather interesting also. Has this been around for a while, and I just didn't notice?

http://www.arms-n-armor.com/heritage.html

It's been around for a few months at least. I think they may even have made an announcement here somewhere...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: