Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Ritter scabbard finished! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 02 Nov, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Stephen Hand wrote:
Thanks Aaron, that was indeed a big help. I'm always keen to use the next man's experience and avoid making my own mistakes.

Good - I'm glad at least some of my babble was coherent. As for mistakes... yeah, they were there too - lots of them. It's simple things, a lot of which I addressed (like keeping a decent moisture to the leather so it doesn't tear and stitching both sides concurrently, rather than running one side a ways first, then the other). I'm not saying this is the only way or the best way, but it did yield the results you see.

Stephen Hand wrote:
I'm not sure how long my scabbard will take, or whether I'll allow the world to see it after it's finished, but I have a lot of swords that need a home, so...

However long, Stephen, I'd love to see what you wind up with - even if it's private email. You mentioned it's of the same general era as the Ritter... have you considered how you want to deal with the suspension? I had actually considered not using a buckle in favor of a forked tie belt, but decided to do that on a later project - one of the other Type X's, perhaps, if I pick one up.

I hear you on the multiple swords looking for a decent home - I've been able to build this one, one for the Vinland, and the Knight's core that was in the other thread is going to my friend John's Knight. I have a dozen other swords that need scabbards, though... runs the gambit from Viking through Rapier... lots of longswords, so those suspension projects will be a treat.

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Wed 02 Nov, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short, but, Aaron, I have to say that is fabulous work!
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 02 Nov, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve Grisetti wrote:
I know I'm a day late and a dollar short, but, Aaron, I have to say that is fabulous work!

Much appreciated, Steve! Thank you.

Now that I'm back at work for the next couple of weeks, I am already really missing being able to work on these projects... but I can at least do the prep work, do some research and compile some sketches and notes... I mentioned above that this is part of the Templar kit... that whole thing is nearing completion... I just need about 2 more days to work on it - after I get home. THAT project has been a long time coming... can't wait to finally have it done and displayed on a mannequin...

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Ritter scabbard finished!
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: