Darkwood armory rapier arrives
My Darkwood Armory rapier arrived today from Scott, it is so balanced it just feels right in the hand, all the movements just flow and come right on line when you lunge. I went with a 3 ring blackend swept hilt rapier with s-curved quillons, 39" sharp darkwood armory bated blade. Here are some pics I took of the rapier.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Re: Darkwood armory rapier arrives
Very cool, Eric.

Eric Bergeron wrote:
I went with a 3 ring blackend swept hilt rapier with s-curved quillons, 39" sharp darkwood armory bated blade.

Heh... are you sure you mean "sharp-bated"? ;)
Aye thats what I mean :)
Sweeeeet! You actually give me something to look foward to. I also ordered a rapier from Scott :).
You all with pending orders with Scott will not be disappointed.
Helen Miller wrote:
Sweeeeet! You actually give me something to look foward to. I also ordered a rapier from Scott :).

Ooooooh, Helen, you didn't tell me! How exciting! :cool:

And Eric, that's one beautiful sword! :cool: :cool:
Pamela Muir wrote:

Ooooooh, Helen, you didn't tell me! How exciting! :cool:

OOOOOOooooops! :D

Thanks Geoff for the boost! I'm so looking foward to it. If it's as awesome looking as Eric's I'm really excited now!!!! There were so many decisions . . .

Helen
Congratulations to Eric on his new tool.

Eric - how do you like the plain wood grip versus, say, wire-wrapped? Comments on this from others?
Hi Steve, not sure if its just how Scott does his wood handles or what but every darkwood rapier i've owned with a wood handle it grips so well bare handed no gloves that on some other rapiers i've owned wooden or wire wrapped i've always had to use a leather glove to get more grip as my hand wouldn't grip it and slid all over so i'm very very happy with the grip and it just fits my hand perfectly.
Congratulations, Very nice. :cool:
As you already know you can't beat Scott Wilsons rapiers in the handling dept. and they have excellent durability.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: