myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > New items at Arms & Armor Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 08 Dec, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Thanks Patrick         Reply with quote

Thanks Patrick

We try hard to pick items people will like and grow to love. Its interesting how the taste of people who collect have an evolution as they develop their interests and find the things that really grab them. Appreciation of the historical is something that really brings a person to see their place a bit differently than the rest of man kind hurrying by the way.

One of the best parts of this is I am still finding new things to get excited about as I learn more. It makes one stop and say "you know I best sit back and contemplate a bit before I say I have it all figured out". I just realized something the other day as I was doing some research that made me sit back and say crap I am just starting to understand this.

Old curmudgeons like us have been around the web community for quite some time and its fun to sit back and look at those of us left from the heady days of yore and see who is still standing. Not sure if it means were strong or stubborn Happy .

I should say thanks for all the great post and conversations over the years my friend,

Merry Christmas to all of yours

Best
Craig
Greg Griggs

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Three Ring -Lombardy         Reply with quote

Craig Johnson wrote:

It is the type of thing a well-bred man of means could swagger down the street on a sunny Italian morning, as well as put that know it all at the Salle in his place with a well placed thrust or cut. Then drinks and conversation with ones companions in the afternoon. Actually sounds nice enough anyone want to set the date.

Best
Craig

Craig,

Sounds like Patrick and I need to load up the plane and head to your part of the country for a cup o' ale and a bit of good conversation. Of course, we'd have to bring along the "bawdy wenches", for they would never stand being left behind.
Now, about the rapiers.......I really like that Lombardy, but when I look at the Serrenissima, I get the picture you paint in my head of swaggering down the lane, just looking for a certain arrogant miscreant to set straight. Aye, I like it all too well, lol. Very sweet job, and thanks for bringing us such fine examples. Salutee, and season's best!

Greg

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I don't know Greg. Do you think we could fit two rapiers in the plane on the trip home?

I bet we could if we left the bawdy wenches at home. Wink

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
I don't know Greg. Do you think we could fit two rapiers in the plane on the trip home?

Big Grin

Y'all wouldn't want to swing by and pick me up, would you? That'd still leave 1 seat available for those 3 rapiers... Wink
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: The more the merrier         Reply with quote

Come one come all Happy

We can have a great time. Hang in the shop, look at some old pieces, Brew Pub is just down the street and anyone not interested in swords can spend money at the Mall of America.

We can also pack any purchases up so they fit in small spaces somebody can hold them on their lap Happy

Merry Christmas
Craig
Greg Griggs

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Aaron Schnatterly wrote:
Patrick Kelly wrote:

Big Grin

Y'all wouldn't want to swing by and pick me up, would you? That'd still leave 1 seat available for those 3 rapiers... Wink

Uh-huh. Problem is we would all be aurguing about who got to ride with the rapiers on the way home.........a place, btw, I would no longer have if I left my "wench" behind. Wink

And Craig - you're NO help at all! LOL.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig Johnson wrote:
Come one come all Happy

We can have a great time. Hang in the shop, look at some old pieces, Brew Pub is just down the street and anyone not interested in swords can spend money at the Mall of America.

Wish I could take you up on it, Craig! Someday... Meanwhile, something tells me I've got a treat waiting for me... (might be that 3" dia, 18" long tube shipped from A&A to me, that my folks said they have in their possession Wink ).

Greg Griggs wrote:
Aaron Schnatterly wrote:

Uh-huh. Problem is we would all be aurguing about who got to ride with the rapiers on the way home.........a place, btw, I would no longer have if I left my "wench" behind. Wink

Gotcha. Well, the fight would then be between who gets to hold them in their lap, since it'll be the 4 of us... if you'll land the dang thing, I'll be glad to get us off the ground and back to our destination! Eek!
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow, I can hardly take my eyes of that Lombardy rapier! Very nice!

I hope this isn't too off-topic, but will there be a return (or) replacement of the Lord of Milan sword? That one was nice; I miss it. Wink -Ted

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Patrick Kelly

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
Old curmudgeons like us have been around the web community for quite some time and its fun to sit back and look at those of us left from the heady days of yore and see who is still standing. Not sure if it means were strong or stubborn .

Strong or stubborn? Well, I know which one of those terms applies to me. Big Grin Do you realize it's been around eight years since we all started this internet communication? That's a long time in the world of cyberspace where things seem to change on a monthly basis. Maybe we should have a meeting of the old guard some time? Greg's comment really has me thinking we need to make a trip north.

Quote:
I should say thanks for all the great post and conversations over the years my friend,

Great posts arn't worth anything unless you have quality people reading them my friend.

Quote:
Merry Christmas to all of yours

And to you as well.

Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
Maybe we should have a meeting of the old guard some time? Greg's comment really has me thinking we need to make a trip north.

I've already told Craig I'd like to go for another visit in 2006. It's already been three years since I've been there last. That's too long.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Patrick Kelly

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:

I've already told Craig I'd like to go for another visit in 2006. It's already been three years since I've been there last. That's too long.

You mentioned that to me recently. The willingness is there but the monetary means for making it happen will take some further thought. Sad

Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

OK so everyboady buy a lottery ticket ...

I hope we can get together soon. Man, eight years. Thats kind of amazing when you think about it. Hope we are all around for the next eight Happy

Craig
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: New swords         Reply with quote

Hello Ed

Good to hear from you.

Yes we have stuff in the works along those very lines and it will be sooner as opposed to later but it depends alot on how smoothly life flows for a while.

Best
Craig
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Fri 09 Dec, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Craig,

Your new additions are beautiful! Just a matter of time till sometime early 2006 when I place my order for that awesome Edward III Sword to be followed by the 12th Century Sword!

Always My Best,

Bob

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > New items at Arms & Armor
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: