Go to page Previous  1, 2

Patrick Kelly wrote:

My full-stock longrifle will put every shot into a cluster at 100 yards all day long as long as I swab out the bore after every shot. This is after I spent time filing down the sights to the proper range and worked up an appropriate load. Like I said, it's all about knowing the equipment and the environment in which it's used.

Bingo. Absolutely.

Gordon
I realize I'm coming late to the thead, but these were great, informative posts, Gordon...hat's off!

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Ancient firearms are well on topic for this site, we just tend to forget about it and we do have some people like Gordon who are very much experts on the subject.

Jean, will you join me in nagging Gordon into finishing his review of the English doglock repro offered through Middlesex Village Trading Co? ;)

'hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!

Michael
Micheal;

Glad to nag him, I do it al the time. :p :lol:

More doglock, more wheelock, more matchlock and 16th century musket, pike and cavalry tactics.

Gordon should write a few feature articles on these subjects.

Oh, and our thankgiving is about a month earlier up here in Canada and is not as big a deal up here except for being a legal holliday. But best wishes in return for yours.

( No idea why ours is at a different date? Earlier winter maybe ? )
Patience, guys. Please don't nag Gordon about that review.

Good things come to those who wait.... :)
Chad;

Well a little light teasing maybe. :p :lol: And a bit of patience ............... Hmmmmmmm. ( Loose lips sink ships. :lol: )
Well, back in the day, 22 seconds was considered an outstanding reload-time for a rifled flint-lock.

Of course, the later development of paper cartridges and minie balls made a huge difference.

I'd still want to be the fellow hiding in the treeline with a Whitworth, though. :-)
With a fast horse and about 6 loaded Navy and Army revolvers for back-up, of course!

Gods, it would have truly sucked to be infantry in those days!!!
Chad Arnow wrote:

Gordon, Chad was correct...your review of the English was as thorough and informative as one could hope. ;)

Much thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and expertise, Gordon. I was greatly looking forward to reading your thoughts on this repro, even when overshadowed by your other contribution to the knowledge bank this week. As for your "From Lance to Pistol" , simply masterful...I really can't express satisfactorily how much I enjoyed this essay.

Mike
Michael;

Thank you, Sir, for your kind words! I appreciate the feedback greatly!

Now I can needle you in return for an article on something cool like, say, "Major Japanese Battles of 1600" or something like that? :D

Cheers!

Gordon
Michael G. Myers wrote:
Chad Arnow wrote:

Gordon, Chad was correct...your review of the English was as thorough and informative as one could hope. ;)

You've no idea how hard it often is to sit here biting our tongues wanting to mention upcoming updates.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: