Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Manning Imperial Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Dan Tucker

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 10 Mar, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Manning Imperial         Reply with quote

I was just over at the Manning Imperial website and I noticed some (to my eyes at least) very attractive items, but I'd like to know if anybody has any experience with the quality of their products before I consider buying something.
Scott Byler

PostPosted: Wed 10 Mar, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

No direct experience, I'm afraid. But plenty of hearsay. Big Grin I've been told that the products are quite nice, and as you note they certainly look very nice. I'm sure someone will come along with real hands on experience, but for the duration, that is what I've heard before. Happy
Matt Corbin

Reading list: 12 books

PostPosted: Fri 12 Mar, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've heard pretty much the same thing as Scott. They look great, but I have no personal experience. I basically just wanted to post something Laughing Out Loud
Geoff Wood

PostPosted: Fri 12 Mar, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Manning Imperial         Reply with quote

Dan Tucker wrote:
I was just over at the Manning Imperial website and I noticed some (to my eyes at least) very attractive items, but I'd like to know if anybody has any experience with the quality of their products before I consider buying something.

This one was interesting.
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...ht=manning
James Nordstrom

PostPosted: Fri 12 Mar, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I asked Stephen Hand about them last time I took his seminar and he said they are very good swords. Just let them do the work and do not scrimp on the price they ask for.
Søren Niedziella

PostPosted: Sat 13 Mar, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi

I have ordered three swords from them and they should arrive before may. I have already recieved the belt I´ve ordered and its really great!!! I´ll gladly post some pictures when the swords arrive.

I must say that dealing with Manning Imperial has been a pleasure so far - very good and friendly service!

Søren
Robert W. Betten

PostPosted: Sun 14 Mar, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I currently only own a small work knife in ladder pattern damascus...i got it from him in 2001 when i met him at a local fair. his a really nice guy and always up for a chat if any of you get to talk to him in person...plus the swords I've used and handled of his are amazing. he does the most beautiful norse swords i've seen in a while. Ian Dixon on SFI (not sure if his made his way onto here) who is in the huscarls re-enactment group can attest to his products.

I'm just hoping with the new rediculous banning of swords where he lives doesnt affect him too severrly....though i'm sure he'll be able to work around it, I've noticed lately he has been making mostly international orders so i'd like to pick up another one of his blades in July if he comes up. Happy

so my experience is...the man is a brilliant smith, amazing scabbard maker and great all round guy Happy

*!*
"If the people we love are taken from us,
the way they live on is to never stop loving
them. Buildings burn, people die, but real
love is forever."
- Sarah 'The Crow'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gavin Kisebach

PostPosted: Mon 26 Dec, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm reviving this topic to see if there's any more imput on Manning Imperial. I'd like to order a couple of items from them, such as their Thames axe, but it appears they are making re-enactment weapons. I'm looking for sharp steel, do they do that, or is it custom? The prices on axes seems very low, and Albions forray into cheap axe heads wasn't well recieved. should I expect the same from M.I., or are they making their own?

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Manning Imperial
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic