Manning Imperial
I was just over at the Manning Imperial website and I noticed some (to my eyes at least) very attractive items, but I'd like to know if anybody has any experience with the quality of their products before I consider buying something.
No direct experience, I'm afraid. But plenty of hearsay. :D I've been told that the products are quite nice, and as you note they certainly look very nice. I'm sure someone will come along with real hands on experience, but for the duration, that is what I've heard before. :)
I've heard pretty much the same thing as Scott. They look great, but I have no personal experience. I basically just wanted to post something :lol:
Re: Manning Imperial
Dan Tucker wrote:
I was just over at the Manning Imperial website and I noticed some (to my eyes at least) very attractive items, but I'd like to know if anybody has any experience with the quality of their products before I consider buying something.

This one was interesting.
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...ht=manning
I asked Stephen Hand about them last time I took his seminar and he said they are very good swords. Just let them do the work and do not scrimp on the price they ask for.
Hi

I have ordered three swords from them and they should arrive before may. I have already recieved the belt I´ve ordered and its really great!!! I´ll gladly post some pictures when the swords arrive.

I must say that dealing with Manning Imperial has been a pleasure so far - very good and friendly service!

Søren
I currently only own a small work knife in ladder pattern damascus...i got it from him in 2001 when i met him at a local fair. his a really nice guy and always up for a chat if any of you get to talk to him in person...plus the swords I've used and handled of his are amazing. he does the most beautiful norse swords i've seen in a while. Ian Dixon on SFI (not sure if his made his way onto here) who is in the huscarls re-enactment group can attest to his products.

I'm just hoping with the new rediculous banning of swords where he lives doesnt affect him too severrly....though i'm sure he'll be able to work around it, I've noticed lately he has been making mostly international orders so i'd like to pick up another one of his blades in July if he comes up. :)

so my experience is...the man is a brilliant smith, amazing scabbard maker and great all round guy :)
I'm reviving this topic to see if there's any more imput on Manning Imperial. I'd like to order a couple of items from them, such as their Thames axe, but it appears they are making re-enactment weapons. I'm looking for sharp steel, do they do that, or is it custom? The prices on axes seems very low, and Albions forray into cheap axe heads wasn't well recieved. should I expect the same from M.I., or are they making their own?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: