A second teaser from A&A
Thought about adding this to Joe's thread, but it needed its own.

Pics of my upcoming glaive and the inspiration artwork (the one with the white arrow pointed at it)

Attachment: 49.9 KB
Glaives_painting.jpg

Attachment: 18.99 KB
GlaivCG01.jpg

Attachment: 54.46 KB
GlaivCG02.jpg

Attachment: 35.13 KB
GlaivCG03.jpg

Thank you Gordon! Now that glaive interests me highly! For me, this is going to be a must buy, thanks so much for sharing. Happy holidays to you and yours!

Bob
One more "inspiration" painting of the "sword on a stick" type glaives.

Attachment: 34.37 KB
SackOfCity.small.jpg

That is just too cool, Gordon! I'm really happy to see more people getting more and more higher end polearms.
Very neat, Gordon. I like it!
I like this quite a bit. Yes, quite a bit. I've been intrigued by these for some time now. This spurs me, once again, to want to do some research on these types.
Craig mentioned this glaive but didn't say who it was for or how far along it was.

I think he is enjoying the creative process of it quite a bit. :D
Wow, that's a really wonderful piece. Great glaive Gordon (say that five times fast :lol:)
Do you know if this is this an exclusive custom piece or will it make it into the regular production line-up?
Mark Mattimore wrote:
Wow, that's a really wonderful piece. Great glaive Gordon (say that five times fast :lol:)
Do you know if this is this an exclusive custom piece or will it make it into the regular production line-up?

It is a custom piece - I wanted something based on the artwork above. I had not seen anything with the "sword guard", and it seemed like something that was fairly common and pretty cool.

Maybe they will think about at least doing something similar for a "catalog" piece. Craig said they did a "rondel" version for themselves as well.
Very cool Gordon! That artwork looks like something from J. Froissart's chronicles. :?:
That is seriously cool! I have always had a thing for glaives. I would love to know some stats. For instance what is the mounted length going to be and how much does the head weigh?
Gordon;

Really nice custom project there and I'm looking forward to mine.

Yes there may be a ground swell of enthusiasm for high end pole arms here being stimulated by a number of people getting custom ones made at the same time: Can't help thinking that some topic threads have gotten people HOT about them.

Yes more research on these would be a good idea: Maybe Craig could write a feature on the research he did for the various custom polearms he is now working on or supply some of the source information for someone to put an article together.

I see another article on his experiences and what he has learned putting these together: Assuming he doesn't want to keep some things as trade secrets ?

Craig is certainly too busy making these to spend too much time writing articles but he might be able to supply valuable raw material for team effort to make an extensive article using his source material as well as other source material.

( Not committing to anything yet! But might be able to handle a small part of this type of project: Maybe doing some illustrations with Photoshop if I have the source material to base accurate drawings on. )
( If and when I am ready to make a commitment I will P.M. Nathan about it: Maybe in the new year ? Just testing the waters, timidly, with my big toe ..... :blush: :lol: )
Jean this is all your fault!

:D :D :D
Darwin Todd wrote:
That is seriously cool! I have always had a thing for glaives. I would love to know some stats. For instance what is the mounted length going to be and how much does the head weigh?

It should arrive at my house this week, so I'll get stats and more pics out then.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: