Greyson;

You could start a modern armour using the best of old armour design topic so that we can continue this without highjacking the thread. ( Or a moderator could split off another thread for this topic. )

Oh, I would make this armour for all troops if possible but specialized use would give it a chance to be field tested at a reasonable cost.

Psychologically armoured troops like this would have the same effect as Knight in full plate among peasants armed with pointy stick.

Weapon system designers should look backwards to history and forward / sideways at Sci. Fi. concepts and Computer game as the starting point for A.I. for small reconnaissance / combat " BOT " that could give a forward look and around dangerous corners. ( Sorry at least 3 different concepts in that sentence all mushed together. )

Again, nobody seems to be taking full advantage of present tech. , not all these ideas have to wait until new tech. make them possible.

In any case my last comments on this on this topic thread as I don't want to sidetrack it more that it has already been.