custom saber from Lutel
I just received this this custom saber made by Lutel. What does everyone here think?
OOOOHHHH
Tim, that saber, or maybe kreigsmesser, is about the best i've seen from Lutel. I didn't know Lutel took custom orders. How long was the wait on it?

I like it alot!!!

cheers
Dave Lannon
Hey, congrats, Tim. Admittedly I wouldn't know a good saber from a bad one, but it looks cool to me. What are your impressions? Are you satisfied? How does it feel in the hands?

Kenton
The wait was about 5 months. I like this saber(kreigsmesser) very much. It is light and very responsive. It feels as good in one hand as in two. It's quality is a notch higher than Lutel's regular quality. I had it made sharp but have not yet cut with it. The scabbard that it came with is nicely made as well. All in all, a very nice piece. I am usually a fan of earlier periods, but pieces like this may change my mind....
Cool weapon!
I think of buying some Lutel's blades.What is the weight of that saber?
That is a really nice looking piece! Could you post some more photos of details?
Very nice piece!
I really like the hilt-design with the knobbed crossguard and the side-ring. Am I right in the assumption that this piece was inspired by the Kriegsmesser depicted in this woodcut?

[ Linked Image ]
This piece was inspired by a photo from the albums here at myArmoury. I'm posting the photo of the original piece as a comparison. The messer in the woodcut is very similar. I like the pommel of the one in the woodcut. It looks like the Wallace messer.

I'll post some detail shots this evening.

Attachment: 8.94 KB
grossmesser 2.JPG

Well, I think it's lovely and most impressive. I'll go ahead and say, "ditto" to whatever Nathan R. says when he sees this thread. :D
Awesome. Congratulations!
I'm thrilled to see that you've had this sword made. Lutel has made quite a few custom weapons. There are reviews in our hands-on review section of other custom-designed or customized weapons as well. I have a photo on my system of a Lutel swiss saber with compound guard that I'll post when my system is back on-line. (I'm in the midst of relocating offices)

I'm very curious to read the stats of this piece. I'm also excited that myArmoury.com albums have come in handy once again for a custom comission!
Ok, here are the stats:

Blade length: 32.5 inches
Hilt: 8.5 inches
Total length: 42 inches
PoB: 5.25 inches
Weight: 2lbs 14ozs (give or take an oz, my scale isn't very good)

I'm also attaching a closer shot of the hilt. This may sound really weird, but I like this sword so much after receiving it that I may get another made that is a bit closer to the original. This sword is wicked fast and damn can it cut! I didn't expect to like the handling on this one as much as I do since I usually favor heavy single handed cutters with more blade presence. This one sure does feel good.....

Attachment: 76.44 KB
[ Download ]
Looks really nice Tim!
Congratulations, on a very impressive piece.
Forgive me if this is out of line, but do you mind sharing how much it cost?
tim, not much I can say about your saber except it looks fantastic to me. It is something of a match for a design in my little 'wishlist' design folder... Ofcourse, I've seen the one in the albums before and once commented that I was fond of that style, so I supose if anyone were paying attention they'd not be surprised I like this.

Makes me almost forget that I don't want to collect my own work... I might just have to make myself something along the basic big saber lines yet..... lol

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: