Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > January 19: myArmoury.com news and updates Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 18 Jan, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: January 19: myArmoury.com news and updates         Reply with quote

Today's update:

Newly Featured On-line Gallery:
Chad Arnow's Collection

Arms & Armor Bavarian Rapier

Reviewed by Bill Grandy

Del Tin2143 Hand and a Half Sword

Reviewed by Shane Smith

TEMPL
Schiavona
Added to Nathan's collection

As always, you can see our Complete History of Updates listed right from our home page.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Markus Haider

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Schiavona is very impressive, the details are just gorgeous . How's it performing?
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Markus Haider wrote:
The Schiavona is very impressive, the details are just gorgeous . How's it performing?

It is extraordinary. I'm highly impressed.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Markus Haider

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Everytime I look at the pictures I can only admire the sword more. It is really a beauty. You have an extraordinary taste in weapons, and Patrick surely is an extraordinary smith to make it. After reading your short review and seeing the picture I am even more anxious to get my Schivona-style Katzbalger from Patrick (it is a long wait time, but well worth it seems).

Congratulations Nathan, simply one of the most beautiful swords I have seen in a long time, you are a lucky guy!
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Markus Haider wrote:
Everytime I look at the pictures I can only admire the sword more. It is really a beauty. You have an extraordinary taste in weapons, and Patrick surely is an extraordinary smith to make it. After reading your short review and seeing the picture I am even more anxious to get my Schivona-style Katzbalger from Patrick (it is a long wait time, but well worth it seems).

Congratulations Nathan, simply one of the most beautiful swords I have seen in a long time, you are a lucky guy!

I didn't realize you had an existing order with Mr. Bárta. Regardless of what you've chosen for him to make, I think you've made the right choice. His dedication not only to making an authentic product, but his desire to explore and even replicate the authentic process of creating it, and his material selection impresses me to no end.

The various evolutions of katzbalger type swords have always interested me. The later-period ones that often show either an evolution of a complex basket or the addition of complex elements to an existing hilt really are of particular interest to me. I'm extremely interested to see the design that you've chosen to replicate and am even more interested to see the final product.

Yes. It would definitely be worth the wait.

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Schivona is very nice looking. Very nice.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
David Lannon

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan That sword is amazing. One thing I can say is I now understand why the quillon was folded over or cut down on these swords. I have looked at Temple swords in the past, especially his basket hilted Katzbalger and the Half-basket Bastard on his site....VERY nice.

Congrats on a beautiful sword...

If anyone knows, whats his turn around time?

Cheers
DAVE

Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun!!!!
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

David Lannon wrote:
If anyone knows, whats his turn around time?

Mr. Bárta is a custom maker. His gallery of stuff on his site really is a portfolio of past projects, more than a catalog of production pieces. As such, each of his pieces is bound to have a different turn-around time. Most things will be 6-12 months, from my understanding. This schiavona took about 10 months, if I remember correctly. He doesn't require any money up-front, but rather writes when the project is completed and asks for payment upon delivery. He's very professional and provides in-progress status updates and photos, too.

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > January 19: myArmoury.com news and updates
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic