Vladimir Cervenka 16th Century Cavalry sword
Hello.I just got in my ,16th century Cavalry sword,by,Vladimir Cervenka! Here`s some pics. Enjoy them ,while I go kill some air Orcs :lol: Thanks.Karl Knisley
P.S.
He`s great to work with,answers email the same day:estimates on completion and delivery very close:and he put up with my nagging. :lol:
That's really cool, Karl! I'm jealous. :) Is it just the lighting, or is that blade hollow ground?
:eek: You are lucky! Great weapon!Beautiful! What a pity that they didn't invented them in 15 century :blush: Orks' ressistance is futile.They will be assimilated. :p
Michal Plezia wrote:
What a pity that they didn't invented them in 15 century

I agree! I've pretty much decided that my primary interest is in 15th century arms and armour (I know my avatar is more like 16th century, but I just thought it was a cool looking helmet. :p ), but I have to say that that sword is BEAUTIFUL, a real work of art!:eek:

Congrats, Karl. :)
Hello Bill.It does have that hollow ground shape.But I`am fairly sure he hand forges his blades.I dont know if hollow gound applies .I`m not very knowlegeable in that.thanks
Karl Knisley wrote:
Hello Bill.It does have that hollow ground shape.

And it really makes the blade stand out!

Quote:
But I`am fairly sure he hand forges his blades.I dont know if hollow gound applies .I`m not very knowlegeable in that.thanks

Oh, the name does still apply: Even a forged blade must be hand ground to polish it and give the final shaping.
Fantastic!

There's only one problem. It's designed for a right handed person so there's no way I can try to bribe it off of you :D Sometimes I hate being left handed.
Fantastic!!! Congratulations, Karl! It looks lovely!
Looks kind of like some "tessak"-german basket hilts.
How does she feel when you swing and twirl her around?

Cheers,
Henrik
Henrik Bjoern Boegh wrote:
How does she feel when you swing and twirl her around?

I was curious about that too: Does it feel more like a cutter or a thruster, or somewhere in between?
Hello.Somewhere in between I think.Its got a thumb ring,so you can do some heavy slashs.But its allso very pointy.Its feels realy light too.Someone from that time ,would probably, have found,it a pretty all around weapon.
Karl, this is the exact piece that I had wanted to order from him as soon as he put it on his site! It's based on some fantastic originals which are amongst my favorite types of hilts. Very nice piece. I especially like the small engravings.

[ Linked Image ]
Re: Vladimir Cervenka 16th Century Cavalry sword
Karl Knisley wrote:
Hello.I just got in my ,16th century Cavalry sword,by,Vladimir Cervenka! Here`s some pics. Enjoy them ,while I go kill some air Orcs :lol:
I love it, love it, love it! And I pity the poor orcs :cry:
Very nice indeed Karl, have always liked the look of Vladimir's work.

Cheers,

Bill
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Karl, this is the exact piece that I had wanted to order from him as soon as he put it on his site! It's based on some fantastic originals which are amongst my favorite types of hilts. Very nice piece. I especially like the small engravings.

[ Linked Image ]

Is that a left hand version or a flipped picture ? In any case a very nice hilt and sword(s) : Both the the original and the Cervenka.
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Is that a left hand version or a flipped picture ? In any case a very nice hilt and sword(s) : Both the the original and the Cervenka.

I'd have to look at the book, but I think it was flipped. It's hosted at www.claudiospage.com
Awesome piece! :eek:
Both the hollow ground XVIII blade and te hilt are absolutely fantastic. I could very well imagine that Cortez may have carried a similar sword during his campaigns in America. Or is that type of hilt a bit too fancy for the early 16th century (thumbrings??)?
Definitely later 16th Century, far too complex (the hilt, that is) for Don Hernando, unfortunately. But just perfect for late-16th to early 17th Century Heavy Horse! VERY nice piece, very nice indeed!

Allons!

Gordon

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: