Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Why Albion is the bestest company in the world Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Jeff Smith

PostPosted: Sat 22 Apr, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sorry fellas I know this is an ancient thread but it deserves to be resurrected because that's just the most impressive example of character and thoughtfulness I've seen in a LONG time.

Three cheers to Albion for such a generous and thoughtful gesture! I guess it's another reason to be proud to own my Crecy now... Happy
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sat 22 Apr, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for bringing this up, Jeff. This thread was originally posted some months before I joined myArmoury.com, so I had not seen it before.
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Addison C. de Lisle

PostPosted: Sat 22 Apr, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It's so great to see a company that actually *does* care about its customers. Wow. Everything else has really been said already....
Patrick Fitzmartin

PostPosted: Sat 22 Apr, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: ??????         Reply with quote

Greetings All, I am really glad somebody brought this up considering the major "rag" session over their price increase. I might add the bit about their replacing some guy's Conan sword after he lost it in the western fires a year or so ago, free of charge. Am I bitter, no. I personally thought they were "overhyped" until I bought 3 of them previously owned which makes me sort of an under handed slug in a way. Wink They are in their "tier" and when you want to talk about getting a quality, historcially accurate sword here in the States, in a "livable" period of time, they are really hard to beat.
I have 6 swords hanging on my wall. They are the swords that after all my collecting, I have the greatest faith in. Swords that I would stand with to my final end. 3 of them are Albions. If and when I can afford more, I will. Wink Of course this goes without saying this only one humble opinion so so weigh it and follow the road you feel that suits you. Wink Sincerely, Patrick Fitzmartin
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sun 23 Apr, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: ??????         Reply with quote

Patrick Fitzmartin wrote:
...I bought 3 of them previously owned which makes me sort of an under handed slug in a way. Wink...
Patrick, I respectfully disagree with your "under handed slug" comment. Those of us who buy previously owned pieces (I have bought 1/2 of my collection as previously owned) serve an important function in this market. IMO it is much easier for an individual to justify purchase of a new piece from the manufacturer (mostly over the internet and sight unseen) when he/she knows that the piece can be resold, in the event they don't bond with it, or if life events force a sale for needed cash. Without the previously owned marketplace, the level of the market for new swords would probably drop to a small fraction of what it is.
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Patrick Fitzmartin

PostPosted: Sun 23 Apr, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: ??????         Reply with quote

Steve Grisetti wrote:
Patrick Fitzmartin wrote:
...I bought 3 of them previously owned which makes me sort of an under handed slug in a way. Wink...
Patrick, I respectfully disagree with your "under handed slug" comment. Those of us who buy previously owned pieces (I have bought 1/2 of my collection as previously owned) serve an important function in this market. IMO it is much easier for an individual to justify purchase of a new piece from the manufacturer (mostly over the internet and sight unseen) when he/she knows that the piece can be resold, in the event they don't bond with it, or if life events force a sale for needed cash. Without the previously owned marketplace, the level of the market for new swords would probably drop to a small fraction of what it is.

Greetings Steve Grisetti, My apologies and no insult intended to anyone. Failed web humor. I actually agree with you 100%. Most all of my collection has been previously owned. I rarely have puchased a new sword at full price. I feel very lucky that there are others out that do and decided to sell them which means I usually don't spend as much.
I sometimes wonder though how a manufacturer feels if they see more of their swords changing hands on the previously owned market when they are not getting enough new sales to stay solvent. Sincerely, Patrick Fitzmartin

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Why Albion is the bestest company in the world
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: