Experience with the A&A Spada da Zogho
Hello all,
I've been looking at the A&A Spada da Zogho and would like to make it my next purchase (probably not until next year). I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to handle this sword. I was just wondering about it's handling characteristics, so if anyone has any comments I would greatly appreciate your opinion and impressions.

Thank you,
-james
it is a really sweet sword to play with, I had the pleasure of standing in AA and picking it up.. and playing with it... alot, I can't give the technical specifics. cuse well I don't know them, but from a "wow is this ever a cool piece" rating I give it high marks.

I hope that is helpful :D
I have used it in practice and like it very much. The balance is very nice.
I'm curious about the thin blade. I've recently taken up western martial arts and have been debating getting a steel blunt. With the blade being thinner (historically accurate from medieval art) will it hold up to contact with, let's say a Lutel blunt? Will it react (okay, mostly will I react) the same way as my (sorry, only phrase I can think of) 'battle ready' swords that I own from A & A? Because I worship my sword purchases from A & A, as if they were given to me by the Black Prince, himself (they are all on permanent display on the walls) and will not use them for any test cutting, though they will most definately hold up to the rigors, I use the Towton from MRL to practice with. The blade is too flimsy for my taste and I've heard a few stories of the tang snapping in half, and I'm looking for a full time sword that I can practice with and spar with. Will the A & A sword fit the bill?
The A&A sword will not only fit the bill, it will also tear up cheaper quality swords. The blade isn't thin, it's actually quite thick, but narrow in profile to keep the weight the same as a blade of a thinner cross section.

It and the Fechterspiel are both incredibly nice training swords.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: