2-Handed Swords in Germany 1450
Hallo,

i´m planning to have some czech smith make me a gothik 2-handed sword , and i´d perfer one thats got an authentic background. Can you give me some measures, pictures or something else what could be used as basic design? I intend to order a rather large sword, maybe around 1,4 meters overall length (ca. 54") or is this n good size for a Zweihänder ? I was thinking about a design similar to this Danish Longsword from ATRIM (Grandys Collection) or are there any longer swords fitting into this time ?

(ps : I apologize for my rather bad english ^^ )

mfg Richard Knipper
Jena , Germany
Re: 2-Handed Swords in Germany 1450
Richard Knipper wrote:
Hallo,

i´m planning to have some czech smith make me a gothik 2-handed sword , and i´d perfer one thats got an authentic background. Can you give me some measures, pictures or something else what could be used as basic design? I intend to order a rather large sword, maybe around 1,4 meters overall length (ca. 54") or is this n good size for a Zweihänder ? I was thinking about a design similar to this Danish Longsword from ATRIM (Grandys Collection) or are there any longer swords fitting into this time ?

(ps : I apologize for my rather bad english ^^ )

mfg Richard Knipper
Jena , Germany

Hi Richard

If you're going to have a custom smith make a sword that has an authentic background, and you're in Germany, I'm sure you could get some decent photos and specs within a short distance of your home......

I'd be happy to send you the specs of the sword , but since you're looking at going custom, I think you'd be happier getting something "closer to the source"......

There were definitely 54 inch sword around 1450........

Gus

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: