Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Greetings,

If anyone is able to watch, "Wrath of the Gods" on the CBC New's Network directed by the director of Beowulf and Grendel, it shows all the troubles and problems that they had to go through to produce the movie and how they made it through it. Even though I have not yet seen the film, I definately have a much greater apreciation for such a movie produced on such a climatic scale! Just wanted to let everyone know this! Cheers!

Barrett Michael Hiebert
Barrett Hiebert wrote:
Greetings,

If anyone is able to watch, "Wrath of the Gods" on the CBC New's Network directed by the director of Beowulf and Grendel, it shows all the troubles and problems that they had to go through to produce the movie and how they made it through it. Even though I have not yet seen the film, I definately have a much greater apreciation for such a movie produced on such a climatic scale! Just wanted to let everyone know this! Cheers!

Barrett Michael Hiebert

That's included on the DVD. They definitely had a trial completing that movie!
Well, I rented it. Only two issues: first, they swear like they live in the 20th Century and, second, do they 'really' have to show the sex scenes? Honestly, I am no prude but, 'come on'! Can't we seem to tell a good story without the foul mouths and sex? Isn't the violence of the times enough? I don't care if 'in reality' some people live/d like that but, are we all so stupid as needing to be reminded that that sort of thing exists or existed then? Almost seems as though the movie makers are trying to justify life in the swamps. There was soooo much good stuff in the movie. I love the sword battles etc and even then, I think we are pushing pretty hard the 'proper' limits in how 'often' the gore is used. When is enough enough. It isn't like it is in a movie here and there but, seems almost every movie maker thinks he has to shore up the story with this stuff. I am ever so grateful for the sacrifices and the hardships that others have gone through for our benefit . . . ever so grateful! I love to read the history and and understand the times and events but, I think they expect us to rally to the good so hard fought for. Now, having said that, for those who will cry prude -- I have been there done that and, THERE IS NO GLORY IN IT!! Sorry but, it ISN"T glorious regardless on which side you fight.
At the end of the day, I am still a collector and an enthusiast, for that I make no apology.
Beowulf afterthoughts...
Well, hello all.
The first thing that I remember about the movie, was the "moral dilemas" plagueing the viking cheif. When taking into account the beliefs that the vikings had before the introduction of christianity, one could ask; how and why the hell would the vikings ever change?! It was quite impressively displayed, how the gods of battle and fearless glory, display their own sense of humor, especially in a warriors golden years. Were Odin's children meant to lavish their exploits with fear and regret? Seems disappointing.
I think this movie can answer these and many other entertaining thoughts with intelligent imagery.
thanks, take care.
Dan Francoeur.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: