A new Yataghan from the forge of Vince Evans !
Another new beauty from the forge of Mr. Vince Evans is pictured on his Latest Projects Album.

Hopefully Vince will add some additional shots in the near future !

Just a beautiful piece, nice job Vince ! Mac

Attachment: 53.85 KB
VE Yataghan 2007.jpg

Last edited by Thomas McDonald on Sun 28 Jan, 2007 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Re: A new Yataghan from the forge of Vince Evans !
Thomas McDonald wrote:
Another new beauty from the forge of Mr. Vince Evans is pictured on his New Projects Album.

Hopefully Vince will add some additional shots in the near future !

Just a beautiful piece, nice job Vince ! Mac

Thanks for posting this, Mac. I was just on VE's picture trail this morning, and didn't see this beautiful Yataghan. Of course, people have been known to make announcements that should make me react like a 2x4 hit to my forehead, and I'll still miss it :lol: . I notice that this beauty is NOT (at the time of this post, anyway) shown in his "Available" album. :cry:
Letting out a whistle here.
His Eastern weapons are impeccable! It looks like an antique crafted by a master (which he obviously is).

Jonathan
Fwoah! That's amazing! Another fantastic piece brought into existance!
Truly a masterpiece. excellent. Mac thanks for sharing. Do you have more pictures of this beauty?

Kind regards

Manouchehr
Manouchehr M. wrote:
Truly a masterpiece. excellent. Mac thanks for sharing. Do you have more pictures of this beauty?
Kind regards Manouchehr

Hi M

That's the only pic I've seen so far !
I'll be sure to share any additional images should Vince release them !

Take care, Mac
Gorgeous! Mr. Evans makes wonderfully looking pieces everytime. I don't think I've ever seen any of his pieces that I didn't like.
Vince has added the following pics to his album .....

Truly a magnificent piece of work, Mac

Attachment: 40.08 KB
VE Yataghan 3.jpg

Attachment: 45.76 KB
VE Yataghan 2.jpg

Attachment: 70.01 KB
VE Yataghan 4.jpg

It's a beautiful weapon, thanks for sharing the pictures.

It seems Vince has a fascination with Turkish/Persian weapons. :)
Hisham Gaballa wrote:
It's a beautiful weapon, thanks for sharing the pictures.

It seems Vince has a fascination with Turkish/Persian weapons. :)

He does have an appreciation for the swords of the Middle East (partially because they're under-represented by reproduction-makers, but also because they're beautiful and can be quite challenging to reproduce), which shows through in his work. Absolutely gorgeous to look at, and absolutely gorgeous to handle. I haven't handled this particular piece, but I'll bet big money that it feels and handles exactly like an original....
Thank you very much Mac for posting these marvellous pictures.

Kind regards

Manouchehr
Hi Mac,

Thanks for sharing the photos and Vince, if you are lurking out there, BEAUTIFUL WORK!!

Jeff :D
Very beautiful on every level: Great art as well as a great sword. :cool:
Hisham Gaballa wrote:
...It seems Vince has a fascination with Turkish/Persian weapons. :)

If indeed he does have one... I'm definitely with him.

The lines of the weapons are generally quite pleasing to me, but the embellishments found on the finer antiques are above much else imo. I'm bothered by the fact that I don't own a yatagan or shamshir. My collection is lacking, in that it is only comprised of Euros at the moment.

If you are reading this, lovely work Mr. Evans!
David Wilson wrote:
... Absolutely gorgeous to look at, and absolutely gorgeous to handle. I haven't handled this particular piece, but I'll bet big money that it feels and handles exactly like an original....

I find myself wondering how does a yataghan handle? I would guess, since there is not a great deal of mass in the hilt, and with the curve of the blade, that one might feel a goodly amount of blade presence. Can anyone out there comment with experience on this?
Vince has added some shots of the yataghan's scabbard to his Latest Projects Album .... and it's a wonderful piece of work that certainly compliments such a gorgeous sword !

Check it out, Mac
Steve Grisetti wrote:

I find myself wondering how does a yataghan handle? I would guess, since there is not a great deal of mass in the hilt, and with the curve of the blade, that one might feel a goodly amount of blade presence. Can anyone out there comment with experience on this?

Well, I've briefly handled a few at auctions, and from what I (somewhat foggily) can remember they would seem to tend towards being rather light and agile pieces. Possibly something about overall size (and thus mass) not being all that big, and the tangs probably being pretty broad I guess. The two pieces in the same size class I own though are probably on the heavy side of things (a kukri and a fascine knife), both probably being intended more for wood than flesh. I don't think the yataghans came off as quite as light as, say, most hirschfängers though for example. The usual disclaimers about small sample size, subjective judgement etc also applies of course.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: