Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Well it's not a sword but it does have a blade on it :lol: , this is my new Sparth Axe from Arms & Armor which has some custom features. 67 1/2" haft instead of the standard 53", a reinforced spine on the back of the distal point and I also had it tempered. Labor Day weekend I bought a Bec De Corbin from Arms & Armor's store at the IL / WI Renaissance Faire but I have not yet had the pictures developed. We have a couple of Nikons but they are film SLRs N 75 and N 80.

Some really nice photos on this last page!

Bob

Attachment: 90.59 KB
[ Download ]
Bob,

Looking forward to pictures of that new Bec!!
My newest sword is an Albion Mercenary with a half-wire wrap and black leather. I'm at college, so I'm going to see it next week sometime; will post pictures as soon as I have them.
Here are some pictures of the Sparth Axe, also shown with my two most recent swords, Arms & Armor Edward III,
Black Prince, and others that I've had for some time, Highland Claymore, Durer, German Bastard Sword, English Longsword, Hungarian Axe, and the Danish War Axe.

Bob

The first two are group shots and the last one is a close up of the blade on the Sparth Axe.

Attachment: 86.29 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 95.25 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 28.41 KB
[ Download ]
I just recieved my new Senlac (and a custom scabbard for it from Greg). I got it in the light brown grip. Its great, I love the way it feels. Not too heavy, with just the right amount of blade presence to inspire confidence. She's a beauty. My camera is acting screwy, so I can't take any pics, but I will along with the scabbard just as soon as I get access to a good camera.
This means my Reeve can't be too far behind :D
Hey Bob, thanks for those cool pictures ! It's very nice to able to compare the swords by seing them side by side... especially the father-and-son duo in front.... :D

Edit : You have a nice garden by the way... ;)
Thank you very much Hugo for your kind compliments of my wife's garden, she is really talented, this is just one of her several talents and gardening is her most cherished hobby.
I know I really kind of pushed the "Thread" by posting about my Sparth Axe, since Nathan did entitle the thread specifically pertaining to "Your Last SWORD", I apologize especially to Nathan for this and will conclude posting about this Sparth Axe in this thread with this particular post.
The "Father and Son Swords" were in fact my most recent what for me are high end swords, as I cannot afford at this time a custom sword by one of the Master swordsmiths such as Patrick Barta, Peter Johnsson, Eric McHugh, Mark of Ollin Blades and others. However, someday I certainly hope to acquire a sword from either Peter, Patrick, Eric or Mark.
I had been after the Edward III and Black Prince swords for quite some time! Originally, I wanted to order the
Edward III with a hollow ground blade but if I'd of done that, then I would not have been able to order the Black Prince of which I had custom work done on it which was directly influenced by my three month confliction with the Albion Talhoffer.
I went back and forth between the Talhoffer and Black Prince, not being able to make up my mind and in a total quandry as to what to do until finally it dawned upon my aging mind :lol: to ask Craig Johnson to make me a Black Prince with some Talhoffer characteristics in it, such as an extra thick and more acutely tapering blade. WOW :!: Did Craig ever do a splendid job on my Black Prince as did he also on my custom Sparth Axe.

Your compliments were very kind Hugo and I really appreciated them, also I told my wife of the compliments you made of her garden and that really made her feel great!

Sincerely,

Bob
Last Yataghan
Last Yataghan i get.
Eastern Anatolian yataghan, great condition, looks like damast blade, I should check it (Acid)
Unfortunately, I can't find year of production on a blade.

Attachment: 127.24 KB
nielloyat2.jpg

Mine was a short, fatty Type XIV from KoA. Got the semi matching "dagger" to go with it. The New Coustille.

[ Linked Image ] [ Linked Image ]

A great pair that I'm making an outfit for Ren Fair here in Texas to show off these two.
Those are the two daggers my wife "Gayle" and I purchased at Kult of Athena close to two years ago that I had written about in another post under the thread of "The New Coustile". Totally independent of one another, she did not know which dagger it was that I had purpose to go there that day, which of course was the Coustile, then I asked her if she'd found anything she liked and she pointed out the Medieval Sword Hilted Dagger which is the other dagger in Gary's post.
For a lady who is an RN, rather meek by nature but she does have a flair, she has a surprising taste for the barbaric. :D This was another one of those days that we were once again on the same exact mind track. Scary sometimes! LOL

Thanks a lot for posting those pictures Gary!

Bob
No recent blades.

Did recently get a Sallet though.
Well my Reeve arrived today. I got to say, it is friggin awesome! Lively and dynamic. She's like a little brute. I'm gonna go buy a new digital camera this week (old one is dead), and I promise I'm gonna post some pics of the Reeve, Senlac, and Greg Griggs awesome scabbard.
The Reeve and Senlac are my first two NextGens. Its amazing how much of a step up in handling the NG line is. I have a first gen Hastings and a few Windlasses, and although I like them, there simply is no comparison. The NGs are in a totally different league... TOTALLY DIFFERENT...
Its a bit of a race to see which on gets here first!
Depending on which arrives first...

Attachment: 110.42 KB
pt6v3.jpg
Maybe this.

Attachment: 65.17 KB
14013_2.jpg
Maybe this.

Last edited by Joe Fults on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
I also plan on getting this...
...as soon as Craig says its done.

Attachment: 7.95 KB
pole010a_s.jpg

This came in the mail this week.
I think its very nice, but I don't have much to compare it with.

Attachment: 140.15 KB
helma4v.jpg

When all this stuff finally gets in, I'll have to do a bit of collection sorting. Maybe let some odds and ends go. See what tweaking I want to do. Then probably wind down my weapon buying to focus on some other interests. At least for a while.
Indian 'Tulwar Hilted' Kora
My Talhoffer should be here by Monday. I got it with the waisted grip; I'll post some pictures on the weekend.
THE TINKERBELLA !

The Mercenary with a half-wire grip! I love this sword...so fast.... :cool:

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Page 13 of 75

Jump to: