Christine H wrote:
You're probably right, sadly: there's that "ebay effect" thing where I often think to myself "you're paying how much?!" when I see someone bidding a real premium for something that's still available for sale new in the shops at a much lower price. Then again, I can't sound smug as I did that once myself: fortunately it only cost me a tenner or so, but I'd like to think I learnt my lesson... And as you say, sites like this are a wealth of information: hopefully they'll display prominently enough for people who go looking!

Haha, yeah...I tend to send massive emails with links and all to mates so they don't waste their cash buying blades at a premium (drives them nuts...haha).

Worst though is when people start debating with you over premium items not being any different than cheap stuff. Eg. on a camping trip my buddy was laughing at my custom blade in comparison to his newly acquired Bear Grylls Ultimate Survival Knife that cost him like 10 cents and came with everything but the kitchen sink...of course, I tried really hard not to gloat when we were batoning some wood and his knife shattered at the hilt...hehehe, just kept on batoning away :p