DelTin 2070 Customization Project
I am commisioning a line of swords for my collection that have as their influence the various major Wagner Operas. The first sword I have had done is the sword of Seigfreid, Nothung. I started with a DelTin 2070 Migration sword, as it seemed to fit the time period for the original source material, which is believed to derive from the Migration era. I then had Tom Carr etch the Nordic runes for VOLSUNG onto the blade and patinate the entire blade.

Pics are below of the entire process.

Attachment: 67.67 KB
nothung-close.JPG

Attachment: 83.18 KB
nothung-close-etch.JPG

Attachment: 75.64 KB
nothung-close-patina2.JPG

Here are some of my shots of the finished product.

I forgot to mention in the first post that Tom beveled out the runes and then filled them in with jb weld to get the effect. He also edged the sword, and it is a fierce cutter, and with the little extra wieght off it, handles well for its type.

Attachment: 97.4 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 87.19 KB
[ Download ]
Congratulations, Mike! It looks lovely! Tom did a very good job by my reconing.
The effect of the runes with the dark colour and the patination gives a lovely contrast. Do you have a scabbard for the sword as well?

Cheers,
Henrik
I was thinking hard about a scabbard, but I decided that since Seigfreid always carried the sword in a rope tied around his waste, no scabbard was needed :)

I am working on what sort of concepts to use on my next project, which will be a sword to go with the Wagner opera Tristan und Isolde.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: